Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Install RHB radio on any 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 JEEP Wrangler!

Old 08-31-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install RHB radio on any 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 JEEP Wrangler!

Ok, I looked everywhere to find out what I needed to do to get the Garmin Navigation into my wrangler. I had the RER system in there that has the built in Uconnect, NAV, DVD, CD, etc. I wanted the RHB model from a 2011 or newer Jeep. I found one and had read stories about problems with not being able to get the navigation system to work, etc

So if you want to add a RHB to a wrangler 2007-2010 you need a new antenna part number is 5064910AA, if you dont have a radio with sirius already in it you will likely want to get part number 68023815AA as this is the harness that goes from the radio to the top of the sound bar/ roll bar area where the factory install location is. However you can just as easily tuck it on top of the radio, and it will work and fit there.

If you want to install Uconnect on your RHB radio you already have, then you need kit Uconnect Mopar kit, PN 82212159, it comes with instructions and is straight forward. Once you install the kit (avail on ebay for about $200.00) you have to take it to a dealership to activate the system in the computer. Takes about 20 minutes for them to do the job once they can get you in. I found a local dealership that charged me $50.00 to do it. I have heard of folks that have good relationships with their dealerships getting this done for free. YMMV.

If you have any questions, let me know.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 730 n rer

The radio that was in my 2011 when I purchased it was the bare bones RES AM/FM.

On this forum I found a 730 N RER Mygig with AM/FM, DVD, NAV, Serrius, U-connect / Voice recognition etc..
I purchased the NAV antenna 5064350AA for just over $40, and a stand alone kit 82211743AB microphone for around $35. I subsequently purchased an Ipod control cable from E-Bay. I chose not to purchase the serrius antenna as I do not subscribe to this service.

There was a lot of talk on the forum as to whether this would work or not. I took a chance and purchased the unit anyway. I bought the above mentioned parts, then did the install myself. After a while EVERYTHING worked including my steering wheel control buttons. Although when I first plugged it in and woke it up it thought it was still in Texas installed in it's former home. However, after a few moments and cycling the power a couple of times it realized it had only been dreaming and after reality set in it booted and acted as if it had been originally installed in my vehicle. I can even control my Ipod using the steering wheel buttons and make calls using blue tooth. The radio even displays my Jeep VIN in the data area after the install and I did not have to have the dealer "flash" anything.

Just my experience,

KG6SLC aka Eugene
Old 04-30-2015, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had also read that there would be issues on whether the radio would work or not. Thank you for posting this information!
Old 02-26-2016, 04:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thread Resurrection!!

I know this is old, but I'm having a relevant issue. I bought an RHB radio and installed it myself. Entered the security code and it works perfect. I wanted the hands free bluetooth for my iPhone, so I got the U-Connect kit. Got that installed and went to the dealer to get it programmed. The directions say code RSP must be added to the VIN. The tech did that, but it still doesn't seem to recognize the U-Connect. Tech thinks it's not compatible with the 2007 MY. Anyone here have experience with this?

Quick Reply: Install RHB radio on any 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 JEEP Wrangler!