Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Installing Cruise Control

Old 03-24-2009, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a great write up! Thank you for the great pictures. After I found this thread Sunday night, I could not wait to get started. I ran out and bought everything needed first thing Monday. This install was so easy, that it only took about 30 minutes. Due to this I had enough time to get on craigslist and find a front bumper with hooks and fogs and was able to install those as well! Thanks again for the great write-up!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad it worked for ya.

I put on my new bumper with tow hooks last weekend.........got my foglight kit last night, so thats next weekends write up
Old 03-24-2009, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OoPEZoO
Glad it worked for ya.

I put on my new bumper with tow hooks last weekend.........got my foglight kit last night, so thats next weekends write up
Which bumper did you go with? I got a new dealer pull off from a Sahara. I took off that silver piece afound the fogs though, not my style. I was surprised to find everything I needed to make a wiring harness at the local autoparts store. Can't wait to see your foglight writeup. No such thing as enough lights on a Jeep!
Old 03-24-2009, 03:55 PM
JK Freak

I bought a used sahara/rubicon bumper off of a board member here.......well at least the bumper cover. I also picked up a set of tow hooks from another member. Match that with the Mopar factory foglight kit I got delivered yesterday, and I will have the same bumper/hook/light setup as the sahara/rubicon. I'll probably go with an aftermarket bumper eventually, but I'm holding off till prices come down or more start popping up used.

So far I mounted the hooks and bumper cover up to my original sheet metal. This weekend I hope to tear it all apart again and install the fog lights into the bumper, run the wiring, and replace the turn signal stalk. The hard part will be finding time to hit the dealership to get the computer flashed to activate them.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Have you considered making a harness and installing a toggle switch. Should be tons cheaper. I can understand wanting that stock look for sure, but I was able to make my own harness and run a switch very easy. I can even provide pictures when I get home if you are interested. It can be done very clean and cheap. I picked up everything to make the harness and switch install for like $25. It really looks clean.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

I considered it, and to tell you the truth I most likely have everything I would need (except a set of lights) to do that here in the garage, but for the $116 it cost me for the kit directly from Mopar.......I decided to go that route. The kit includes everything you need (including the light housings, bulbs, and factory replacement stalk). Considering it includes the lights themselves, its a damn good price to add a set of fogs to the front. Then, if I decide to go with something different down the road I already have the fog light circuit wired so I can use it from the turn signal stalk. I'm just not a big fan of adding extra toggle switches and such to the dash in my vehicles........personal preference I guess
Old 05-04-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

Does anyone have the individual part numbers for the cruise control stalk and the shroud?
Old 05-09-2009, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Just a tip for the cruise control install, I had some trouble with the clips holding the airbag on and found it much easier by using a small mirror to be able to actually see what I was doing. I couldn't find the mirror I keep in my tool box so I just used one of my wifes compacts.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

By Far this is the best write up there is, I never even looked at the instructions, just followed the steps on here. Worked perfecly. Thank you so MUCH!!!

-david
Old 05-29-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

X2
Great write up thank you. You made my 16 hr drive a bit easier.

Brian

Quick Reply: Installing Cruise Control