Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Jeep jk wrangler 730n/rhr radio installation write-up

Old 06-22-2017, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SKT

Just found this thread and glad I did - so much great info!

Thanks for taking the time to share.

How is the 730N holding up? Anything you would have done differently?

No Problem! Glad it's still helping people out! There has been no drama and issues to talk about with the radio still! Very happy with my choice and all is working great! Still amazed that everything worked so well plug and play! I did add in a speaker amp and upgraded speakers since the 730N does limit output a bit, but with that, the music sounds great too! I still would do it exactly the same as I have! Hoping soon to maybe give swapping out the instrument cluster a try to get the navi info and radio info in the cluster as well! But no, nothing I would change from this!

Originally Posted by saharaharry
Now that I came upon this fantastic write-up, I'm almost ready to bite the Bullet! My last Wrangler had the touch screen radio and I don't have one in my new Wrangler. The touch screen is one of the things I miss the most. I have the standard radio with satellite and at times, cannot even read the screen for time! ( don't get old !) Your write up is excellent and I will follow it on my install.
Thanx!
Yeah, that touchscreen is very nice to have, and I like a lot of the features of the 730N! Including all the Sirius Travel Link stuff! It's definitely a good upgrade if you want to stick to OEM parts! I would totally do it again if I had the choice to! Glad I could help provide some good info to you too!

Let me know if ya have any more questions or if there is anything I seem to have missed! I did my research for a long while onthe OEM radios for the JKs, so I am glad all that research still isn't going to waste!
Old 07-14-2017, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This post made upgrade install so easy...

Great Post... Saved a lot of time and questions... Made the upgrade install so easy... THANKS!
The following users liked this post:
Keith Anderson (12-04-2019)
Old 07-17-2017, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cptnmurff
Great Post... Saved a lot of time and questions... Made the upgrade install so easy... THANKS!
Great! Glad to hear it! No Problem!
Old 09-21-2017, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great thread! Now I'm motivated to hit my local junkyards to see what I can find. So if I understand correctly I need a high speed radio like one of the ones listed in the links? 730 would probably be my first choice but almost any other ones with a hard drive and a touch screen will be good for me
Old 09-22-2017, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kejtar
Great thread! Now I'm motivated to hit my local junkyards to see what I can find. So if I understand correctly I need a high speed radio like one of the ones listed in the links? 730 would probably be my first choice but almost any other ones with a hard drive and a touch screen will be good for me
That is correct! Just grab a list of all Chrysler vehicles with High Speed radios and you should be able to pull any of em. Good luck! Hope ya find one for a good deal!
Old 09-22-2017, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

got my fingers crossed.... 2011's and 2012 passenger vehicles should be showing up in my local junkyards already (trucks and suv's are harder to get with that vintage) and here's their pricing on the radios

PartPrice Core Warranty Extended Warranty
Radio Am/fm $15.36 $0.00 $4.61 $6.14
Radio, Amplifier $25.61 $0.00 $7.68 $10.24
Radio, Cassette $15.36 $0.00 $4.61 $6.14
Radio, Cd Player $25.61 $0.00 $7.68 $10.24

Btw, from what I read, I should also make sure that I get the vin associated with that vehicle or look for a manual in the glove box so that I can get the code as some might be security locked?
Old 09-22-2017, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ugh.... hit two yards and the radios were picked clean.....
Old 09-26-2017, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

got my fingers crossed.... 2011's and 2012 passenger vehicles should be showing up in my local junkyards already (trucks and suv's are harder to get with that vintage) and here's their pricing on the radios

PartPrice Core Warranty Extended Warranty
Radio Am/fm $15.36 $0.00 $4.61 $6.14
Radio, Amplifier $25.61 $0.00 $7.68 $10.24
Radio, Cassette $15.36 $0.00 $4.61 $6.14
Radio, Cd Player $25.61 $0.00 $7.68 $10.24

Btw, from what I read, I should also make sure that I get the vin associated with that vehicle or look for a manual in the glove box so that I can get the code as some might be security locked?
Yes, if the radios are 2011s from certain models or later, you will need the security code, earlier radios do not have the security code. There is a link earlier on in this thread if you don't find the code that can provide one if you have the radio and the VIN of the vehicle it came from.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:43 AM
SKT
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugh.... hit two yards and the radios were picked clean.....

Have you found one yet?

Keep us updated on your search.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SKT

Have you found one yet?

Keep us updated on your search.

Sadly no... I'm afraid that I'm in a "busy" market so the vehicles get "stripped" by folks who get heads up about prime equipment coming in before it hits the general yard.

Quick Reply: Jeep jk wrangler 730n/rhr radio installation write-up