Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

JK Rubicon E-Swaybar Disconnect Mod

Old 12-15-2017, 08:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No pics

Sorry for the newbie question, but I don't see any of the pics. Is there a setting I need to change?
Old 12-15-2017, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default Loose Sway Bar

Hello. The reason I am so interested in the pics is because of what happened with my 2014 JKU. Was installing a lift today and noticed the passenger side of the sway bar had almost completely pulled out of the electronic disconnect housing. So I was driving around with my sway bar permanently disconnected. Got it pushed back in, but I still need to pull it apart to find out what broke to allow that bar to move. Anybody heard of this?
Old 01-12-2018, 02:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you haven't already seen this, check out this study, very informative.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-study-153545/
Old 01-18-2018, 08:04 AM
JK Newbie

MY big question is... What are you all doing that causes this. I disconnect my sway bar when I air down and lock into 4Lo. Is anyone doing anything different? Its nice having the system. From what I have read it sounds like they just go without warning. Makes me think about removing it when it goes completely.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did nothing, one day, it stopped working. They over-complicated a process that is simple, all in the name of safety, especially for those who are not experienced wheelers. The system has its own computer board the size of a desktop motherboard, that's what failed. The motor for this system is strong, I even wired it so I could control it from inside, then the engagement spring on the end of the motor failed. I then said to hell with it and got the EVO manual disconnect the mounts directly where the motor was located, works great. I go wheeling, turn knob to disengage, when done, turn knob to re-engage.

Quick Reply: JK Rubicon E-Swaybar Disconnect Mod