Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

JK Rubicon E-Swaybar Disconnect Mod

Old 02-27-2016, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake
Nothing bad happens. I cut the plug off and just put electrical tape over the ends (individually) and called it a day. Turned off the blinking light with the Procal. It has been this way for almost 2 years and all is well. The wires don't serve any other purpose.
Good to know, Thanks.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jlocker
Any way to turn off the light with a Superchips flash pack?
Nope. In fact I sold my Flashcal because it didn't have this feature. I think you have to have superchips highest end unit, the Traildash in order to turn it off.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope. In fact I sold my Flashcal because it didn't have this feature. I think you have to have superchips highest end unit, the Traildash in order to turn it off.
Bummer... I'll try calling them to see if it's maybe available as an update on the flash pack
Old 02-28-2016, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default E-disco nightmare is over

Thanks for the input, looks like I will be doing some cutting today.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jlocker
Bummer... I'll try calling them to see if it's maybe available as an update on the flash pack
Yep I tried that too. Good luck!
Old 02-28-2016, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yep I tried that too. Good luck!
Ha thanks!
Old 11-15-2016, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Default Hey

I'm currently going through the same drama but does the vehicle computer recognize the changes
Old 10-03-2017, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Lots of great info in this thread regarding manual actuation (the evo solution), DIY solutions and the like, but im curious if there is anything one can do from a preventative maintenance perspective to help prolong the life of the factory rubicon swaybar system. From what ive read, its not even a matter of avoiding water, as humidity and normal rain/weather can cause erosion that ultimately kills the electrics in the system.

I am inquiring because i have a 2015 JKUR, no problems as im only about to roll over 22k miles. Im curious to get under the rig and see if I can come up with a preventative maintenance regimen. Im sure it would be a PITA but im wondering if anyone has tried anything prior to failure?

I do like the idea of the evo system, since most regular end link system disconnects can be a little tricky if the chassis leans to 1 side or the other (which it usually does), making the last side you pull a bit more difficult.

Last edited by AlphaOverland; 10-03-2017 at 07:19 AM.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Default Same Problem with my Ruby.

All the pics seem to have gone away, can you link to them or repost?

Originally Posted by Chili
Now bench test it (sorry but Photobucket wouldn’t let me straighten out the video!):

Once I saw that the template worked okay, I then make the permanent plate out of 3/16 plate and painted it with Rustoleum. Here are some shots of the finished mod:

Now to disconnect, I just turn the thumbscrew…takes about 3 seconds!
Old 11-20-2017, 02:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlphaOverland
Lots of great info in this thread regarding manual actuation (the evo solution), DIY solutions and the like, but im curious if there is anything one can do from a preventative maintenance perspective to help prolong the life of the factory rubicon swaybar system. From what ive read, its not even a matter of avoiding water, as humidity and normal rain/weather can cause erosion that ultimately kills the electrics in the system.

I am inquiring because i have a 2015 JKUR, no problems as im only about to roll over 22k miles. Im curious to get under the rig and see if I can come up with a preventative maintenance regimen. Im sure it would be a PITA but im wondering if anyone has tried anything prior to failure?

I do like the idea of the evo system, since most regular end link system disconnects can be a little tricky if the chassis leans to 1 side or the other (which it usually does), making the last side you pull a bit more difficult.
I'm sure that in some areas PM is a good idea, but mine was mechanically sound, the board died, no moisture or anything like that, the overcomplicated electronics failed.

Quick Reply: JK Rubicon E-Swaybar Disconnect Mod