JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Write-Ups (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/)
-   -   Marker light mod (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/marker-light-mod-20860/)

gilljk08 03-27-2009 01:49 PM

just finished mine up too...very easy to do

zook 03-29-2009 03:43 AM

I did the same as RedRock did. Sweet mod and best of all FREE.:thumbsup:

rmwest 04-24-2009 04:20 PM

Kudos to Seal20 and DSY on this one. An added benefit to all this is that folks can still get an idea you're going to be turning even after you've covered up your front blinkers with bumper/hoop/winch etc. Wish I'd done it when I had my YJ rigged with previous equipment. Probably woudn't have had to smile and wave so often to the locat Good Guys! :brows:

Thanks again.

t0ast 04-24-2009 07:04 PM

This was an easy, quick and one of the most useful mods (as I have gotten looks and reactions from people who would seem to have not seen my blinker on).
Though don't get cocky about the ease of this one as I did and in the heat of "getting a quick one out of the way" cut the wire back fron the source and double grounding the light. :naw:
It makes the blinker go wonky and you end up with too short a wire to splice to in order to correct the problem. :what?:

At least only did it to one light and checked first before proceeding to the other.

renegadelt1 04-24-2009 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by JdTms11 (Post 1017869)
just finished, at first the sides would alternate with the fronts but now the side blink the same time as the fronts, i kinda liked the other way better but oh well.

any one else have the lightning bolt come on. it doesn't do it anymore, but i thought that was strange.

oh well great free mod!!

just for the books, when the park or head lights are on the side marker will alternate when the turn signals are in use With no lights and the turn signals in use the side and the front will flash togerher:thumbsup:

redroc_jk 04-25-2009 06:20 PM

did this today, very easy to do and well worth the time.

joearod524 04-26-2009 07:17 PM

Just did mine. Couldn't be easier. I love these "free" mods.

jwhite0410 07-27-2009 12:17 PM

nice ill try this one

vicaven 08-01-2009 10:15 PM

mod

finally did this mod after about a week of procrastinating. simple 30 min. job even including taking the grill off right? well wired them up, checked to see if they work and.............nothing, got pissed off, checked the web again, double check all connections (they were right as i thought), pulled out the tester checked all connections again.......everything should work right? well just like a dumbass,, and to make this story short.........checked the bulbs and.....both burnt out. ran to advance auto bought two new ones and a miracle just occured.......they work.

thanks to all, and to all a good night..................vic......out!

sin52 08-04-2009 11:31 AM

Great mod 21mins from walking to garage and returning to type this. with ops cks c/w. good deal