JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Write-Ups (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/)
-   -   My Heated Seats- Toasty Buns!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/my-heated-seats-toasty-buns-16171/)

DBB888 09-19-2007 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Duma3421 (Post 180971)
I'm am truely impressed. I just got my JK this summer, but I think I may want some heated seats in the winter, upstate NY gets pretty cold. Since I want to get seat covers anyways, do you think you could just lay the heaters on the seat then put a seat cover over them?

If you were going to do this, they sell seat covers that are heated.

They just plug into the cigarette lighter.

http://www.amazon.com/Wagan-Tech-973.../dp/B000ANOUHQ

I used this in an old car I had- It worked - but there are better ones out there.

dare774 09-19-2007 12:18 PM

DBB,

Looks great! I installed them 2 weeks ago. Had a heck of a time pulling the seats. The only difference is I put the switches on the blank space alongside the e-brake near the cup holders. Rode with the top down comfortably in 40 degree weather. Wife loves it too.

DBB888 09-19-2007 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by dare774 (Post 181102)
DBB,

Looks great! I installed them 2 weeks ago. Had a heck of a time pulling the seats. The only difference is I put the switches on the blank space alongside the e-brake near the cup holders. Rode with the top down comfortably in 40 degree weather. Wife loves it too.

I was going to install the switches in the center console too but I chickened out and wanted to make my job harder. After I drilled the holes I was like - huh should of stuck it under the center armrest.

W3CSX 09-19-2007 05:36 PM

Very nice. I'll have to add to my to-do list too. Just perfect for running top less in the cold.:D

ksroqclimber 09-20-2007 07:43 AM

Yo DBB,

Awsome mod. This will get pushed up my list of things to get done.

side question:

what is that slick tool you used in the pick where you are popping off the top of the center consule. Looks like it would work a hell of alot better than what i use. I try to be careful, but it seems like every time i pull the consul out i have another scratch from where i pried it off. :rollingeyes:

thanks bud! :rock:

00pumpkin 09-20-2007 09:52 AM

Sounds like a great mod, definitely would do this if I wasn't planning on swapping out the factory seats in the near future.

oZmonKey 09-20-2007 10:02 AM

Nice job!

Question: The heaters you used are on, on more, or off? Was there an option to purchase these with a "dimmer" like switch so you could set 1-10 or something?

DBB888 09-20-2007 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by ksroqclimber (Post 181921)
Yo DBB,

Awsome mod. This will get pushed up my list of things to get done.

side question:

what is that slick tool you used in the pick where you are popping off the top of the center consule. Looks like it would work a hell of alot better than what i use. I try to be careful, but it seems like every time i pull the consul out i have another scratch from where i pried it off. :rollingeyes:

thanks bud! :rock:

Its a right angle pick tool- can get a set from Sears- if your not careful it will scratch the heck out of the plastic - There is another tool thats a awl type with a bend I'll take a pic when I get home that works better

DBB888 09-20-2007 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by oZmonKey (Post 182047)
Nice job!

Question: The heaters you used are on, on more, or off? Was there an option to purchase these with a "dimmer" like switch so you could set 1-10 or something?

On in the morning- off in afternoon

I only really use it when Im cold and after like 10 minutes I turn them off

bly109 09-20-2007 11:05 AM

DBB888,

Awesome install. I think Im gonna order this kit tonight :yup: My fiance is gonna flip with heated seats, thats the only option she wished our JK had. :D

Thanks for postin this:2thumbs: