Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

2012 JKU Crank No Start - Please Help

Old 02-14-2018, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 JKU Crank No Start - Please Help

Hoping someone here can help. My 2012 JKU 3.6L recently died and won't start. The Jeep turns over but won't fire at all. Below is the sequence of events.

Started Jeep in garage - ran / idled fine.
Backed out into driveway - began to sputter slightly.
Left in park in driveway while loading gear - noticed sputter from tailpipe and (seemingly) white smoke
Went to check dash for lights - CEL flashing and Jeep suddenly died
Tried to restart Jeep - cranks for long period but no start

It's been sitting for a few days while I was waiting for my scan tool to arrive in the mail. Went out this morning with the scan tool and there were no current codes. However, the following were stored in the history - P2302 (ignition coil A secondary circuit), P0203 (injector circuit/open cylinder 3), P0301 (cylinder 1 misfire detected). Tried to turn the Jeep over again and it clicked but didn't crank - didn't have time to test the battery, could be dead from prior cranking.

All plugs and ignition coils were replace last fall. I did this when it threw code P2302 and sputtered a bit while in drive or reverse at low RPM's. Seemed to be okay after I replaced them but it's been sitting all winter so hard to tell.

A lot of information here.. I'm at a loss of where to start troubleshooting. Hate to have it towed to the dealership to find out it's something I could repair. Appreciate any help from the crew here!
Old 02-14-2018, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I've scoured several forums.. Wondering if this could be caused by Camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor? Seems like a few guys had similar symptoms.. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU Crank No Start - Please Help