Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Photobucket Alternatives Discussion (3rd Party Hosting policy change)

Old 04-18-2018, 05:57 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by shaggy135
imgur.com is a great alternative to photobucket as well.
Originally Posted by icrashbikes
I've been using Flickr. It's been working well for me
You guys are able to easily post pics in the threads from those services? Post some up here so we can see please.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Yes. Flickr has a share button from the desktop (where I normally post from) that gives me a reasonably complete link. I need to trim it a little but it's not the worst thing:

It wants to add a bunch of stuff on like a link and a note about how the image is hosted on flickr.. Actually I think that's part of the requirement for free hosting but it comes out cleaner in the thread with nothing attached. Let's try one..

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156497178@N08/, on Flickr

It also adds some crap before the [img] bit but the pictures won't show if I leave that. I don't really know what I'm doing but I've made it work. I'm slowly building up the flickr library. It's also super easy to upload from my phone with the app which goes a long way. I'm a big an of Imgur, but it just wasn't as easy (or as readily apparent) to use it like photobucket. Unfortunately I haven't found anything as seamless as photobucket but it'll be a cold day in hell before I give in to that ransom garbage.

Quick Reply: Photobucket Alternatives Discussion (3rd Party Hosting policy change)