JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Write-Ups (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/)
-   -   Poor Mans On-Board Air (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/poor-mans-board-air-26241/)

fish 01-26-2008 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by N2rock (Post 304953)
nice creative thinking :2thumbs:

I personally don't think I need anything that extravagant. I bought this compressor from JCW

http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jc...3071G_CL_1.jpg

I read some head-to-head reports on this one vs the harbor freight, and this one was a bit faster and ran cooler. It was $20 more than the harbor freight one though.

I tried it out on Sunday when I aired down to 20psi to pull out a stuck Durango. When I went to air up, it performed perfectly and I had all 4 tires aired back up in less than 10 minutes.

I love your approach! And if I were planning to do more than just air up after wheeling, I would probably do the same thing. But for now, all I need air for is airing up, and this little compressor handles that just fine.

I'm not seeing this one on costcos website,they have a fancy chrome one thats expensive. I have a costco nearby ,think i would like one of the ones like you guys got.

blackjkrubi 01-27-2008 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by fish (Post 311717)
I'm not seeing this one on costcos website,they have a fancy chrome one thats expensive. I have a costco nearby ,think i would like one of the ones like you guys got.

I bought mine on Ebay, try searching for Tsunami compressor, Superflow or MF 1050/MV-50, here's a good review on compressors,

parksoffroad.com/prodreview/inflatortest/inflatormain.htm

JulietKilo 01-27-2008 02:24 PM

I have this compressor and it is awesome. Bought it at pepboys for like 50 bucks. I have aired a 285/75R16 33" truck tire from 15 psi to 40 psi in about 5 minutes. Not the fastest but its faster then the HF and it comes with coily hose and a really nice carrying bag. You do have to take off the filter to get it in though.:thumbs:

mcds99 02-05-2008 03:06 PM

I'm thinkn' something like this.

northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_3521_3521

2K1TJ 02-17-2008 02:50 PM

Bumping this back up...

Do you have any problems with the pressure control switch operating at 12V? I bought a 120v compressor almost exactly like yours and am using the tank for the Superflow compressor, like the one posted above. My switch doesn't say which voltage it's designed for. Maybe it doesn't matter. :thinking:

jkkat 02-18-2008 06:29 AM

nice creative thinking :2thumbs:

I personally don't think I need anything that extravagant. I bought this compressor from JCW

http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jc...3071G_CL_1.jpg

I read some head-to-head reports on this one vs the harbor freight, and this one was a bit faster and ran cooler. It was $20 more than the harbor freight one though.

I tried it out on Sunday when I aired down to 20psi to pull out a stuck Durango. When I went to air up, it performed perfectly and I had all 4 tires aired back up in less than 10 minutes.

I love your approach! And if I were planning to do more than just air up after wheeling, I would probably do the same thing. But for now, all I need air for is airing up, and this little compressor handles that just fine.

RubyDoo has this aircompressor in her and works great, from 12 to 35 takes about 3 mins per tire and have used it to air up both RubyDoo and Little Red RubyJeep several times.

Kat

sgmrock 02-18-2008 07:48 AM

I have this one too, works great.

JK322BC 02-24-2008 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by yellowjeeper85 (Post 307203)
I have this same compressor, i bought it at Costco wholesale for like 50 dollars. It works great, runs cool and high volume is right. It airs up tires pretty quick and its pretty quite too. I'm really happy with it, and since it came with a bag to keep the hose and accessories organized, i know i won't lose anything.

Also have this little red compressor and found it excellent for it's intended use... Would like to replace the screw-on terminal valve device with some sort of quick connect/ disconnect... Anybody have a recommendatiion???

Conradfreedumb 06-17-2008 02:42 PM

Bump this !

I just bought this from Amazon.... its a masterflow mf1050 but I think the smittybilt; q industries; tsunami masterflow; etc are all the same.

anyone hardwire this?

JulietKilo 06-17-2008 04:05 PM

I have been thinking about it, recently I had a friend who needed to air up his tire on the air base and I told him if I had my pump I could have done it on the spot, I just think the problem is that its not very weather proof. It does have a cover on the switch though!