Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Relocating the 3rd Brake Light

Old 05-20-2007, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks captsam54, just one more question, how did you fill the whole left by the platemount? looks as if you covered it with a sticker. it is impossible to tell without taking the plate mount off how large the hole in the sheet metal is. maybe a close up of the drivers side rear quarter. thanks rick
Old 05-20-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepinoutwest
thanks captsam54, just one more question, how did you fill the whole left by the platemount? looks as if you covered it with a sticker. it is impossible to tell without taking the plate mount off how large the hole in the sheet metal is. maybe a close up of the drivers side rear quarter. thanks rick

Rick... Yes It is covered up with a sticker.. But not for long .. Ordered Warrior black diamond corner guards (without the license plate hole)

There is a playing card size indent with a 1" hole for the wires to come thru..
I cut a piece of plastic to fill out the indent , and put the sticker over it..

I took the plug, and light for the plate, and traced it back to where it joins the harness.. Cut it off and waterproofed the ends..

Then I took the 3rd brake light wire and traced it into the right corner.. (look at the color code on the license plate lite, mmm yellow and white)

Just taped into the splice and changed wires, for steady on..

The tag plug matches the third brake light plug.. and there you go..

IF you are seriously going to do this and need more info.. let me know and I will take some shots etc. ( my camera was gone at that time, went swimming)

There are some shots of the European Jeeps with diesels etc, and some SEMA show shots that show the back corner without the bracket..

Have Fun..!!

Last edited by captsam54; 05-20-2007 at 01:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Relocating the 3rd Brake Light