Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Repair water leak passenger floor JKUR

Old 06-04-2017, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repair water leak passenger floor JKUR

After a short time I noticed my passenger floor mat would get a little water on it after it rained. Then later found out under the floor mat it was soaked! Still under warranty but decided better off looking and researching myself.
The rain water runs down the door jamb and hits this little rubber boot about midway and then diverts the rain back inside the jeep instead of away to the outside. Not much care went into this area at the factory. I removed what was there, cleaned area with alcohol and used a piece of self adhesive gasket material and cut it on an angle to divert the rain away from the inside. This needs to go under the rubber boot. After several rain storms the mat and floor is still dry! This might not solve everybody's problem but hopefully it will help some, especially the ones that are going nuts trying to fix it. I am going to try and upload before and after pics to help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4555.JPG
Views:	844
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	672248   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4562.JPG
Views:	649
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	672249  
Old 06-05-2017, 02:35 PM
JK Freak

Default Water Leak

Originally Posted by john156cm
After a short time I noticed my passenger floor mat would get a little water on it after it rained. Then later found out under the floor mat it was soaked! Still under warranty but decided better off looking and researching myself.
The rain water runs down the door jamb and hits this little rubber boot about midway and then diverts the rain back inside the jeep instead of away to the outside. Not much care went into this area at the factory. I removed what was there, cleaned area with alcohol and used a piece of self adhesive gasket material and cut it on an angle to divert the rain away from the inside. This needs to go under the rubber boot. After several rain storms the mat and floor is still dry! This might not solve everybody's problem but hopefully it will help some, especially the ones that are going nuts trying to fix it. I am going to try and upload before and after pics to help.
John
Thanx for taking the time to help!

Harry
Old 06-05-2017, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Your welcome Harry and glad I could help!
john
Old 06-21-2017, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

Default Water Leak

Originally Posted by john156cm
Your welcome Harry and glad I could help!
john
Hi John, finally got the material and time to pursue the fix today. No rain til Friday. Will let you know. Thanx again! Harry

Quick Reply: Repair water leak passenger floor JKUR