Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Rugged Ridge Dash Multi-Mount Phone Kit Write-Up

Old 05-31-2016, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost screw...

Hi guys! I need some assistance please. While installing my base, I dropped the screw into a never to be found crevice of my Jeep. Anyone willing to remove theirs and give me the exact dimensions, length, width? Or even better a part number or place to order a new one?

Step 3

Install your new accessory mount base and tray.

• The hook on the arms of accessory mount will attach to the dash board vents behind the storage area closest to windshield. (You will attach the back side by vents FIRST, for everything to fit correct.)
• Reinstall the 7mm black screw from prior step using your ¼ ratchet and 7mm socket. (DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN)
• Once black screw is tightened down, and place new Rugged Ridge rubber tray in storage area.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepGirl901
Hi guys! I need some assistance please. While installing my base, I dropped the screw into a never to be found crevice of my Jeep. Anyone willing to remove theirs and give me the exact dimensions, length, width? Or even better a part number or place to order a new one?

Step 3

Install your new accessory mount base and tray.

• The hook on the arms of accessory mount will attach to the dash board vents behind the storage area closest to windshield. (You will attach the back side by vents FIRST, for everything to fit correct.)
• Reinstall the 7mm black screw from prior step using your ¼ ratchet and 7mm socket. (DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN)
• Once black screw is tightened down, and place new Rugged Ridge rubber tray in storage area.
Call Rugged Ridge in the morning. I'm sure they'd be glad to give you the exact size of what you need or even just send new hardware
Old 06-06-2016, 09:41 PM
JK Junkie

If they don't, message me and I will look for you this week
Old 02-23-2017, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

I got to say, this mount was awesome the first month, then it started spitting out my phone (Note 4) across the cabin over the slightest bump.

I am so disappointed on this mount. I cannot trust it to hold my phone securely. Not sure why Rugged Ridge chose to use flexible tips to hold the phone...

Anyway, noticed post #19...gives me hope there may still be a chance to mod this mount to make it reliable.

Also, if you have a GoPro Hero 3 or newer, it will not mount... This mount was design for the older Hero cameras.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ReconJeep
Yes, if you buy the Ram ball that's threaded for 1/4-20: Ram Mount 1/4-Inch-20 Female Threaded Hex Hole with 1-Inch Ball https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009GLW1PG..._RH3rxbED137W4

Would you please share the parts used to make this mount? I am highly interested!!
Thanks!!
Old 03-01-2017, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AutoXRacer
Would you please share the parts used to make this mount? I am highly interested!!
Thanks!!
The ball is in the link above. Looks like there's a RAM extension arm, and a RAM universal x-grip phone holder. Looks like a great setup.

Does this setup vibrate/shake much?
Old 07-26-2017, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not trying to dig up old thread but I also have an aftermarket double DINN radio. I'm curious if anyone tried just using a nut and bolt as opposed to cutting the factory radio mount.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Just installed mine. Love the look. Almost appears factory!

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Dash Multi-Mount Phone Kit Write-Up