Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Seafoam motor treatment

Old 11-07-2007, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seafoam motor treatment

Anyone done this befor? Iv always used it on all my cars and jeeps. I noticed the most regained power and response in my srt-4 but thats probably because its turbo.

1. go buy seafoam at your auto parts store
2. pop hood
2 1/2. get your grandma to help
3. get a straw or something(optional)
3 1/16. get a 6pack of beer, or odules if you are homosexual
4. force your grandma to start your 3.8 6 cylinder internal combustion engine by pressing the clutch and turning the key on the right side of the steering................neck.
5. pop the top on your seafom can, dont drink it, dont let your grandma drink it
6. pull off the vacume(sp?) hose on the brake booster
7. now, at gunpoint............... .................tell your grandma to bring that sucker to about 2k and hold it there.
8. let the hose suck it out of the seafoam can in a mist, dont shotgun it like a beer.
9. put the hose back on the brake booster
10. Dring the beer with your gramdma while watching the smoke for a couple minutes
11. hit the highway and let it burn all the crap out, dont step on it too much right away cause if it did puddle in the manifold you want it to burn out

It might take a while but dont let it suck it to hard cause its not your girlfriend and it can puddle in the intake manifold. Pretty simple, it might smoke or it might not. If you have an exhaust you'll probably notice a different in exhaust tone. Power will be freed up and engine will run pretty smooth depending on how much buildup your motor has. I have just over 10k miles and noticed a diff, but i run regular grade in this pos.

heres the site http://www.seafoamsales.com/products.htm

Last edited by JackMac4; 11-08-2007 at 01:02 PM. Reason: non-sponsor link
Old 11-08-2007, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I typically use Seafoam in my old-ass motorcycle, and older vehicles, but I've never used it in the JK yet. I'll probably start as soon as the break-in period is over, whenever that is.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

dont do this on any engine unless it has 30+K on it

i used it on all of my older vehicles and it worked great, it wont do any good on a new engine as there is nothing to clean just yet, its too soon for any kind of buildup
Old 11-08-2007, 09:56 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepik
dont do this on any engine unless it has 30+K on it

i used it on all of my older vehicles and it worked great, it wont do any good on a new engine as there is nothing to clean just yet, its too soon for any kind of buildup
x2 - haven't use this stuff before, but c'mon: Your engine's not THAT dirty just off break-in!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I third not using it any time soon on your new JK. I did use that stuff on my 94 Cherokee. It was an interesting site with all that smoke. Whether or not it did anything, I don't know, but all that smoke made me feel that I was doing something, so...
Old 11-08-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

It smokes cause its burning all the carbon and crap out, thats why some cars dont smoke. Mine smoked a little bit but not too much compared to my srt-4. If i had a catless pipe im sure it would be spitting out black chunks of carbon like its done on all my other cars with catless pipes.

I did it cause i was bred and iv noticed a lil difference, not much though.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Diesel

I did it cause i was bred and iv noticed a lil difference, not much though.
I always notice a difference when I get bred!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:04 AM
JK Super Freak

the difference is in your head

unless your JK was totally clogged up, then you might have noticed a little difference

there is simply not enough time that has gone by for your Engine to get clogged up yet.

anyways whats done is done
Old 11-09-2007, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well i didnt really think it was thread worthy either but i see everyone here get all giddy about drilling a little hole in the side mirrors and flipping the rear view mirror over so i thought some would like to hear about it. I should have a 302 under the hood sometime this year, ill do a write up on that when it happens.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by The Diesel
Well i didnt really think it was thread worthy either but i see everyone here get all giddy about drilling a little hole in the side mirrors and flipping the rear view mirror over so i thought some would like to hear about it. I should have a 302 under the hood sometime this year, ill do a write up on that when it happens.
The mirror mod is awesome (thanks again Rubimon), but I don't know why everyone seems to think that flipping their rearview mirrors upside-down is such a great idea - I tried it, and the angle is all f-ed up compared to correct orientation. Maybe I'm too tall (6')? Just don't understand why this is considered an "improvement" at all...

Quick Reply: Seafoam motor treatment