Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Seat belt alarm disable

Old 05-04-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by britjk
Sheesh - Offroading without Seatbelts in Pompano Beach could be Deadly..............
You never know when your going to have to drive over some granma's Camry.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:37 PM
JK Newbie

Default Your on your own

You can always tie the electrical wires in the latch together. I did it in my truck but not the JK yet. Jeeps seem to be the one vehicle that I always want it on in. Maybe it's because I will hit anything and drive anywhere at any given moment. WHAT CURB?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks, did it, works good !!!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Cheesus Crust. Im so glad this is an option...short trips on a farm, or while moving trailers/etc make me crazy with the chime always going off.

THanks a lot
Old 06-11-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Same here...I park on the fifth floor of a garage and having to put the seatbelt back on just to drive 3 miles per hour is a PITA, I hate that chime. I have no use for it because I always wear my belt when on the road, I never miss it since I feel weird without being strapped in...so I'm gonna disable it - thanks for the tip, I had no idea you could do this.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:53 AM
JK Super Freak

I did the chime trick .. but the light on the dash was annoying. If you jump the green and black wire on the connector under the drivers seat the dash light goes away forever!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Cool...and you just fixed the most annoying part of all.

I hate warning lights that mean nothing. (Which I know in this case it does mean something, but you get my point)

I come from the days of jacking around with a TPI or TBI vehicle, when you messed with it until the SES light among others stayed lit...until you dismantled the cluster and removed the bulbs...

Old 06-11-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Hmmm...I wonder if any of the programmers could add this functionality. Hint hint hint to Superchips, AEV, etc.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From another thread but it works....................

Originally Posted by tkob1060
how did you get around the airbag and seatbelt light?
Well mine (08) did not have the little silver boxes just above the slide rails....those silver boxes are weight sensors ( have seen them on an 07) so basically my jeep only knew if someone was in the passenger seat if the buckle was fastend. I tricked the sensors on both seats into thinking the seat belts are always fastend by closing the circut. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! but if you make the sensor think the loop is closed as in this picture...you will NEVER have seatbelt chimes and the airbag will ALWAYS deploy as is the seat is occupied in the event of a crash. Anyway the blue clip in the pic....is all it takes.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's is my setup .. just insert a bent paperclip and PCM thinks your belt is always fastened. Easy to undo and you don't screw up your factory wiring harness.

Quick Reply: Seat belt alarm disable