Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Side marker light mod diagram

Old 09-09-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side marker light mod diagram

ok, so I did a search for "side marke light mod" and got a ton of hits, what I am looking for is a wiring diagram showing the connections needed to enable the side marker light to work with the turn signals, found plenty of pictures, but being very simplistic, I was hoping for a simple diagram.
?
Thanks.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by btadlock
ok, so I did a search for "side marke light mod" and got a ton of hits, what I am looking for is a wiring diagram showing the connections needed to enable the side marker light to work with the turn signals, found plenty of pictures, but being very simplistic, I was hoping for a simple diagram.
?
Thanks.
Here is Daniel Stern's site. He has a lot of the information at people used to do the mod when the threads started

danielsternlighting.com/tech/markerflash/markerflash.html

I was very hesitant about doing this as well at first. The first time I was going to do the mod I actually stopped because I didn't have a diagram, but I reread everything, and took my time tracing the wires. It really is easy to do. I completely understand your hesitation to do it, I don't like screwing with electrical too much.

The one thing that I did, is after I did the tap splice, I filled the splice with some dielectric gel to help keep water away from the connection.

I would say good luck, but I don't think you will need it. Just take your time, it is easy.

Quick Reply: Side marker light mod diagram