Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper Install w/HID lights

Old 05-01-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished the install of lights and it was easy! Hooked it up just like you did and no error codes flashed. Your rite on about the HID lights since they are 35watts no problem for the factory harness. Thanks agian for putting up the thread. Here is a pic of my end result.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lights all done.jpg
Views:	752
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	23359  
Old 05-01-2009, 01:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Markinda909
Just finished the install of lights and it was easy! Hooked it up just like you did and no error codes flashed. Your rite on about the HID lights since they are 35watts no problem for the factory harness. Thanks agian for putting up the thread. Here is a pic of my end result.
Nice Bro, that looks great! Are those the 4" or 7" lights?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:25 PM
JK Newbie

i just bought this bumper and some lights as well, i was wondering about the installation of the lights at the bumper..... do i have to do anything special? bc i saw you bought smittybilt shackles... so i was wondering how does it work? sorry for my noob questions i am just new to the jeep thing. Thanx
Old 05-04-2009, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by luisgus
i just bought this bumper and some lights as well, i was wondering about the installation of the lights at the bumper..... do i have to do anything special? bc i saw you bought smittybilt shackles... so i was wondering how does it work? sorry for my noob questions i am just new to the jeep thing. Thanx
Nope, the lights mount through 2 holes already drilled in the top of the bumper. Just screw them on and then run your wiring whatever way you prefer. If you're using HID lights rated at less then 50watts you can most likely use your factory fog light wiring as I did. My lights were rated at 35 watts with an equivalent output of a 150 watt light.

The shackles also just bolt right on with no modifications needed. Just make sure to use a dab of red loctite and put a screwdriver through the hole on the shaft as you tighten it to get a real tight fit.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

I really like this bumper. I also like how they say
"Each bumper is developed to be a complete bolt on and requires no modifications to the vehicle." Yet you need to drill a lot.

good price though.

How is it holding up? any rust or finish problems?
Old 05-04-2009, 10:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by [N]UGE
I really like this bumper. I also like how they say
"Each bumper is developed to be a complete bolt on and requires no modifications to the vehicle." Yet you need to drill a lot.

good price though.

How is it holding up? any rust or finish problems?
lol....I know right! The drilling is minimal but there is still some. I laugh every time I see thier ad with the little drill with a line through it.

What's nice about AZ is we really don't see any rust. But even still, I've had no peeling or chipping issues with the finish and I just went through 7 hrs of rocky trail use where I can't say the Jeep's paint or windshiled were as lucky.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
Nope, the lights mount through 2 holes already drilled in the top of the bumper. Just screw them on and then run your wiring whatever way you prefer. If you're using HID lights rated at less then 50watts you can most likely use your factory fog light wiring as I did. My lights were rated at 35 watts with an equivalent output of a 150 watt light.

The shackles also just bolt right on with no modifications needed. Just make sure to use a dab of red loctite and put a screwdriver through the hole on the shaft as you tighten it to get a real tight fit.
Thanx man, you are always so nice with the advice. I cant wait until i receive my bumper, i also got ipf 968 driving lights. The winch comes in a bit, im still saving up. thanx once again
Old 05-08-2009, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Markinda909
Is the brush guard bolt on ?? I havent seen this bumper anywhere with out the brushguard. The reason I am asking is that im ordering the bumper within next couple days and want to make sure I am getting the one with the guard
Old 05-08-2009, 08:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 09JKX
Is the brush guard bolt on ?? I havent seen this bumper anywhere with out the brushguard. The reason I am asking is that im ordering the bumper within next couple days and want to make sure I am getting the one with the guard
There are two versions. A non-winch bumper that comes with NO brush guard welded on and a winch version which DOES come with a brush guard welded on.

So if you order the winch version you should be getting the welded on guard as well. If in doubt, just ask the sales guy when you order.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
There are two versions. A non-winch bumper that comes with NO brush guard welded on and a winch version which DOES come with a brush guard welded on.

So if you order the winch version you should be getting the welded on guard as well. If in doubt, just ask the sales guy when you order.
Perfect THANKS again

Quick Reply: Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper Install w/HID lights