Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Spray in Liner - UPOL Raptor Tintable: Deep Water Blue

Old 07-09-2013, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beautiful job.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mark9998,
When you started your project, did the auto body shop give you a bottle of the color (tint) to add to your bottles after you added the hardner? Or did they add color to all of your Upol bottles while you were there?
Old 07-27-2016, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mark9998
Since the factory wiring harness/loom runs under the carpet at the rear door's I didnt want them exposed to where they could get damaged over time, especially since I have little kids getting in/out of the back all the time, and there is a loom on both the passenger and driver sides. Also I didn't like how they looked exposed in the back once the carpet is out.

Since the harness is hidden under the floor trim in the front, I chose to run it up the B pillar and then just hide it behind the fabric that is wrapped around the rollcage. This is pretty simple since the fabric zips off.

Since the factory loom is not long enough to just simply re-route I had to extend them each about 3-5'. I used 18awg wire with multiple conductors (7 & 10) and had to run a couple lengths of this to reconnect all the wires. I also had to extend the wind-shield wiper fluid line on the driver side since I run the hardtop in the winter.
I'm planning on doing this soon. Would you still recommend this method? Would you do anything different? I see 3 or 4 different gauge wires in the bundle. Did using 18awg for all the wires turn out to work OK? It must have taken a long time as I'm counting 18-19 total wires in each bundle. Appreciate any guidance you can provide. Thx
Old 07-28-2016, 03:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by uofawildcats
I'm planning on doing this soon. Would you still recommend this method? Would you do anything different? I see 3 or 4 different gauge wires in the bundle. Did using 18awg for all the wires turn out to work OK? It must have taken a long time as I'm counting 18-19 total wires in each bundle. Appreciate any guidance you can provide. Thx
Yeah id still recommend it, ive seen many other guys with no carpet but they all have the harness exposed. I like having it hidden away from the elements, and kids in and out all the time. And yeah it was very time consuming but still worth it for me. And no I havent had any problems with any of the wiring so nothing I would do different now looking back. And the UPOL is still holding up great! I still get compliments all the time on it...and it still makes it SOOO much easier to clean out, especially after wheeling with the doors off. Good Luck!
Old 04-10-2017, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

I know this is a bit of an old thread....

Did you remove the calking at the seems? I'm not talking about the sound deadening stuff. If you left it in (it appears you did), did you spray it with an adhesion promoter like Grip #4?

About how much wire did you need to re-route the looms through the roll bar? I cant seem to find a good write up on how others do it. I'm thinking its going to be self explanatory when I start pulling everything but I like to be prepared as much as possible before I get into all of it.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by coopaloop

Did you remove the calking at the seems? I'm not talking about the sound deadening stuff. If you left it in (it appears you did), did you spray it with an adhesion promoter like Grip #4?

About how much wire did you need to re-route the looms through the roll bar? I cant seem to find a good write up on how others do it. I'm thinking its going to be self explanatory when I start pulling everything but I like to be prepared as much as possible before I get into all of it.
I used an extra two feet or so to go up over the roll bars. I just finished pulling them back down and routing everything through the rear body to get them off the cage. I have a thread here or somewhere about it. Now they are completely gone rear of the B pillars, it's a nice way to go if you're planning on rerouting.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok this looks awesome!!!!
You did a way way wayyy better job than me lol
I also use the crap duplicolor on a spray can

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2392033247.png
Views:	149
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	670183

And is to thin
Old 04-12-2017, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coopaloop

No I didnt remove the calking at the seams, and no I didnt put any adhesion promotor on it, just sprayed right over it and it has held up just fine. Its been so long now I dont remember how much wire I used to do the re-routing. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Spray in Liner - UPOL Raptor Tintable: Deep Water Blue