Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

stock 75th anniversary rear bumper tire swing arm

Old 01-06-2018, 10:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default stock 75th anniversary rear bumper tire swing arm

I would like to know if any one has mounted a swing arm tire carrier on a stock jk bumper? yes I know it is unusual but i like my bumpers and I am going to modify the stock bumpers for shackles and things needed for trail how ever I would like to keep the original bumpers. i will need to go to a swing arm on the back for some overland attachments, so if it has been done can someone tell me which one and any additional hardware or steps needed thanks.

this is the bumper i have if you look on the right side you can see there is a hole to mount a swing arm i believe.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:46 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

AEV's tire carrier fits with no issues and in fact that is what that cap is for. I don't see a feasible way to add toe points other than the ones it already has. you can add a hook from the 10a or recon edition. they actually work well.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:44 AM
JK Newbie

Hey thanks; I am going fab some tow point from an old military HMMWV. They will hold up for my needs probably not sturdy enough for you rock krawlers. Anyway thanks again
Old 01-07-2018, 12:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rubitrux sells everything you need
Old 01-10-2018, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Here's the AEV carrier on the 10A/Recon bumper.

Just my personal preference, I really don't like that setup. The tire sits up too high and blocks what little space you have looking out the rear window and additionally the rear tire is not centered.

I went with the Teraflex carrier with the 10A bumper.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:05 AM
JK Newbie

i like the AEV best due to it not attached to my body panel. i also am looking for add-ons like storage over tire and a fuel can, as well as the hi lift jack all incorporated into the tire mount, thanks for in put.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I am an AEV fanboy no doubt about it but I have installed 2 aev tire carriers and while I like them I much prefer the TF hinge (it is now a factory option on 17 and 18 JK's)

Old 01-16-2018, 12:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out Maximus-3 for all your 10-Anniversary/Hardrock/75-Anniversary goodies. D-ring shackles, bumper hoops, tire carriers, light mounts, etc.

https://maximus-3.com/10a-x-and-hard-rock
Old 01-21-2018, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by QPDO
Check out Maximus-3 for all your 10-Anniversary/Hardrock/75-Anniversary goodies. D-ring shackles, bumper hoops, tire carriers, light mounts, etc.

https://maximus-3.com/10a-x-and-hard-rock

awesome i didn't know about them thanks great site a bit pricey; guessing this is why most go to after market products
Old 01-22-2018, 09:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chosinfrozen
awesome i didn't know about them thanks great site a bit pricey; guessing this is why most go to after market products
Take that price, add 25% for the currency exchange, plus international shipping... and then you can feel the pains of a Canadian jeeper looking to modify their units haha.

Quick Reply: stock 75th anniversary rear bumper tire swing arm