Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Stopping people from opening your hood into the windshield for $6 or less

Old 06-27-2007, 04:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a great idea for an "idiot proof" solution. This weekend though, as I was airing up the tires, the wind caught mine and bitch slapped itself to the windshield!! This would be ripped right off! Any other ideas??
Old 06-27-2007, 04:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Other than putting some stay straps all over the hood, no. Anything that you mount real securely has the problem of potentially causing hood damage by itself if enough force is put on it. Extra bumpers on the hood might be the easiest way, but it would look, uh, odd.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default another idea

hey how about a little gas shock from a carapoo minivans rear lift gate??
Old 06-27-2007, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by schwarzjp
Do you hit em before or after they dent your hood?
I usually hit one of the techs before to make an example......
Old 06-28-2007, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Question

Dog flexi-lead??

Get a heavy duty one that is all strap. (The small dog ones usually have rope inside)
Hack off the handle , and trim the strap to the correct length?

Old 06-28-2007, 04:39 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by schwarzjp
Do you hit em before or after they dent your hood?

BOTH!

once for effect, and once for whatever they screwed up that you havent found out about yet!
Old 06-28-2007, 04:41 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
[sniparoonie]
Extra bumpers on the hood might be the easiest way, but it would look, uh, odd.

Weel, we could mount them on the top edge of the window frame... would look like bug eyes.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

It kinda looks stupid to put a keychain under the hood. I think I would rather remind the service guy not to do such a stupid thing to the jeep that I spent so much money on. Maybe some of you should try and make some kind of relationship with the service guy instead of butting heads with him after the fact. Common sence? Maybe. Maybe not. Some of you worry about the stupedest thing I've ever scene. Try walking away from your computer.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ScooterS
It kinda looks stupid to put a keychain under the hood. I think I would rather remind the service guy not to do such a stupid thing to the jeep that I spent so much money on. Maybe some of you should try and make some kind of relationship with the service guy instead of butting heads with him after the fact. Common sence? Maybe. Maybe not. Some of you worry about the stupedest thing I've ever scene. Try walking away from your computer.
Wow, that's a lot of spelling errors for someone trashing someone else so badly.
Even if you have a relationship with the guy you drop the Jeep off with, it doesn't mean he is doing the service. People have been doing this for years with other Jeeps, so they will continue to try it with the JK.
I'm not sure why it looks so stupid to you, it isn't like you can see it until the hood is open. I personally think the X looks bad, but you have mentioned that you like it. I'm refraining from calling you names though.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ScooterS
Deer skewterz

Ewe are a big mea knee. I told the service man I wanted to make a relayshun ship with him before he looked under my hood. He told me that he duz not go that way, and then he kicked me in the bacon and eggs. I tride to butt his head, but I wuz still a little dizzy and sick to my stumack from the a four mentioned kick in the eggs . I am going to the store tommorow to bye a keychain.

Quick Reply: Stopping people from opening your hood into the windshield for $6 or less