Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Third Row Seat Install - "Little Seats"

Old 08-08-2011, 08:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this thread was started awhile back, but Just a couple questions, does the bench seat actually seat three? the website shows three seatbelts. Also has anyone used booster seats with them?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone?? Just curious
Old 08-09-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jerryleejr
I know this thread was started awhile back, but Just a couple questions, does the bench seat actually seat three? the website shows three seatbelts. Also has anyone used booster seats with them?
Yes, three small children (say, 4' tall or shorter) could fit in the seat with seatbelts. It's really tight, so you wouldn't want to stuff a kid more than 5' tall in there for more than a few minutes.

I've never tried a booster seat, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. If the seat is facing backwards, you probably wouldn't need a booster seat--the belts fit snugly even on a small child.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

hi does anyone know if a rear seat from a 97 tj will fit as the 3rd row ?? and if so is their a link cant seem to find one ! any help would be great we are going away first weekend in sept and would be nice to not have to take 2 cars !
Old 08-25-2011, 02:46 AM
JK Super Freak

by now some folks who posted on these earlier have had them in place for a few years. how are they holding up? I saw one poster say the seat belts stick occasionally but was wondering how they are for the long term. we have an '11 Rubi and wasn't sure if anybody was able to get the rear bench option w/o having to relocate subwoofer. or, perhaps just do two inward facing jump seats?
Old 08-25-2011, 03:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just contacted little seats the other day about a third row seat for my 12' that I have ordered. This response is posted below. Anyone here have an 11' or 12' with one installed?

Thank you for your interest in little passenger seats. We do make seats for the 2011 wrangler with the subwoofer. I have attached the installation instructions for you to take a look at do you can see what is involved. Please read the following before reading our instructions.

The 2011+ Jeep Wrangler features an all-new interior with improved ergonomics and upgraded materials including a redesigned instrument panel and new storage areas. A new lockable console is added and the center stack is redesigned.

Because of this all-new interior design little passenger seats has not yet had the opportunity to perform an installation. The subwoofer is now molded to the roll bar which makes it difficult to relocate as guided to do in our 07-10 Wrangler Installation Instructions for those with subwoofers. Until we are able to do an install at our facility we are solely depending on the mechanics of our customers. Please read over the instructions thoroughly before beginning this installation.

Below are some notes sent to us by a customer who bought a little passenger seat for his 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

So here is what I did:

I mounted the floor bracket the same as instructed. I drilled a new hole in front of the predrilled holes on the bottom mounting plate to match the pre-slotted hole in the seat mounting bracket.

Now if you wanted the seat to reverse position, you would have to put another hole in the seat bracket at the back.

On the back side of the seat, I had to raise the right rear belt 10 inches to clear the sub box. We used a 1/4 plate 10 x 1" and drilled a hole at one end, and a threaded hole at the other to bolt the belt to.

Mounted this way, we can get access to the back floor panel and jack. We did not do any cutting or modes to the jeep and nothing was move to make the seat fit.

It sits in the center really nicely.

Thank you

We welcome any comments or suggestions along with pictures that you may have and are willing to share with us so that we can improve this process. Thank you for your understanding.
Now you can see attached instructions and take a look at those, along with a photo that the customer (above) sent us.

Sincerely,
Samantha
little passenger seats, inc.
Family to Family business since 1991.

800.252.9989 9am to 5pm PT, M-F
209.526.6445 Fax
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2775016328.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	202036  
Old 08-25-2011, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow looks great...I wish I could do this...
Old 10-20-2011, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Considering one side-facing "jump" seat for our in-coming '12 Unlimited. I'll have to contact them.

Thanks for a very useful thread.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Just had seat installed at Auto Enhancements in Omaha.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3867524458.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	234805   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4158998085.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	234806  
Old 11-10-2011, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What vehicle is that seat from? Does it fold down? Looks good!

Quick Reply: Third Row Seat Install - "Little Seats"