Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Tool Kit

Old 08-12-2018, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tool Kit

For anyone that doesn’t have room for a decent tool kit in their Jeep I recommend this. Craftsman 53155 mechanics tool set. I have a two door JK with no room in the trunk area for tools with all the other necessities in there. This tool set fits perfectly in the passenger side floor board. My wife puts her feet on it and still has leg room. You may need to devise a way to strap it down in case of a roll over so it doesn’t become a projectile. It has decent tools and is easy to bring along.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You do need to get creative with storage ideas in a 2 door. I would find a way to secure that tool box, don't need it bouncing around if things get crazy.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I keep a cheapo kit under the passenger seat, it fits nicely and contains basic tools. I'm piecing together a more JK specific kit that I can throw in the back when wheeling.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I just took the back seat out... Have tons of crap in the back, and still plenty of room for storage! And then when anyone needs a ride somewhere, I can just say "ooh, sorry, only 2 seats!"

Quick Reply: Tool Kit