Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Volant Snorkel/CAI install write-up

Old 12-26-2011, 09:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Gobi Rack with Volant

Originally Posted by dcharge74
I could be wrong, but by looking at some pictures of the Gobi rack, I don't think it would work with this snorkel. It doesn't look like they use the mounting points, but the Volant wraps really tight up against the A-pillar, which I believe would interfere with the support arm for the rack.
I purchased the Volant CAI and snorkel kit with the option to return if it does not work with the Gobi Rack.
Sadly the above is correct and I will have to return the Volant and look for an alternative CAI with snorkel.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cowboypunk
just got the cAI volant installed wiating for the snorkel to come in. I have a kargomaster rack and hellas mounted to the windshield. I know I have cut a bit off the kargomaster mounts to the a pillar no big deal but wondering if it might interfere with that lights now?
The riser portion of the snorkel runs more to the outside of the pillar, so I think you will be OK. There is one light bracket mfg that pushes the lights more to the outside(can't remember which one offhand), but by the looks of your picture, it's not the ones that you're running. I would be more concerned with the snorkel head where it turns back in front of the windshield. It looks like the support arm for your rack runs through the same space. I just went out to the Jeep and there is only 3" of space between the windshield and the back of the head. Is that going to be enough? Let me know. I've been looking for a rack that will work with little to no modifications.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hello,
Great write-up!
One question though. How about the wind-noise at the highway speeds? Any deterioration to stock levels due to the extra mass on the hood and A-pillar?
Cheers,
Old 02-29-2012, 05:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by PET77
Hello,
Great write-up!
One question though. How about the wind-noise at the highway speeds? Any deterioration to stock levels due to the extra mass on the hood and A-pillar?
Cheers,
I haven't noticed any even with the top and doors off.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

What do you mean by "extending the breathers"? Great write-up BTW
Old 04-27-2012, 12:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by eumel789
What do you mean by "extending the breathers"? Great write-up BTW
Breather tubes off the axles, transfer case & transmission need to be extended to further "water proof" the Jeep. There are several write ups out there guys have done for it.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Good write up. Answered all my questions. I have the Bushwhacker pocket flares making g the AEV no good to me.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone knows if this model for 3.8 engine fits 2012 3.6? Im selling my 2009 3.8 jeep because I just bought a 3.6 and I wish to keep the snorkel.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

@DCharge74 - I know this is an old thread, but I am wondering that since you have now had it for seven years, would you purchase it again? How did it perform in the long run?
Old 09-06-2020, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Volant Snorkle CAI

I know this is old thread, but planning on taking out my Banks COI and need a snorkle that includes the box as mine has been replaced. This looks like a good alternative, does anyone have any other suggestions as to a better set up. I have metal cloak overland fenders so thinking that this will be my best bet.

Quick Reply: Volant Snorkel/CAI install write-up