Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

What's the best tire deflator solution?

Old 12-11-2013, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wgoode77
I had my eye on the ARB with gauge. I think it removes the valve core also...can you confirm. Does the Currie have a gauge? I could look it up but i figured since you online, lol.
Yes the Currie has a gauge. I used the screw ons for a while but when you're airing down 37s from 30 to 10 they take a little to long. I like being able to see exactly how much pressure I have in each tire while airing down too.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've just ordered the Staun II air deflator set, for my son, from JeepSWAG (on sale now).

There was a bug in the new website (calculating shipment to my country), but Brett promptly replied my emails, and solved it within a short time.

Thanks Brett, it's a pleasure doing business with you.

Happy New Year
Old 12-13-2013, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKZinger
Check out the Jeepswag price on the forum thread here that they have for Christmas! $59 for the Staun II
Good deal. Bought mine there. Great prices and they work great. Pop them on when near the trail. Drive. Pop them off when you want too. No need to sit there waiting.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Currie makes a awesome one
Old 12-14-2013, 01:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bbrown626
Good deal. Bought mine there. Great prices and they work great. Pop them on when near the trail. Drive. Pop them off when you want too. No need to sit there waiting.
I had used Staun-like deflators -- it wasn't 'it'. In terms of reliability and pressure consistency, Staun is better than its' copies, and the new Staun II increased the gap from its' competitors.

Reminder --
The Staun and Staun-like deflators are all prone to calibration change, because the nut may get loose.
A drop of Loctite on the threading keeps the nut in place.

The valve-core removers (e.g. the ARB) deflate faster, but you have to attach it to each wheel and wait. With the Staun, you screw them on the valves, drive a bit and remove them, which I find to be more convenient.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't like to repeatedly remove-insert the core, as it may eventually lead to valve malfunction, especially when I wheel in a desert where there's very fine dust.

Last edited by GJeep; 12-14-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:48 AM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ARB' Currie, ORW etc are all the same, someone is making em and they are printing their info on the face and case. Based on buyer. I thought about doing brut4ce ones.

They are around $30 a d a lot faster than the stay s or Smitty valve deflators.
I have both bit use the core remover style 90% of the time.
I e got the currie and ARB core removed and they are identical with exception. Of orange rubber ti g on Currie and printing.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GJeep
I had used Staun-like deflators -- it wasn't 'it'. In terms of reliability and pressure consistency, Staun is better than its' copies, and the new Staun II increased the gap from its' competitors.

Reminder --
The Staun and Staun-like deflators are all prone to calibration change, because the nut may get loose.
A drop of Loctite on the threading keeps the nut in place.

The valve-core removers (e.g. the ARB) deflate faster, but you have to attach it to each wheel and wait. With the Staun, you screw them on the valves, drive a bit and remove them, which I find to be more convenient.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't like to repeatedly remove-insert the core, as it may eventually lead to valve malfunction, especially when I wheel in a desert where there's very fine dust.

Agreed i basically walk 2 laps around the jeep one after another and its done. Itd probably take just as long to pound one lap with the valve stem removers and checking psi imo. But to each his own
Old 12-14-2013, 09:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz

Agreed i basically walk 2 laps around the jeep one after another and its done. Itd probably take just as long to pound one lap with the valve stem removers and checking psi imo. But to each his own
I agree that's why I just ordered the new Staun II deflators and sold my Currie EZ unit ....
Old 12-14-2013, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard somewhere that H1's could deflate from a cab control without having to leave the drivers seat. Anyone know how?
Old 12-14-2013, 11:46 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DKehler
I heard somewhere that H1's could deflate from a cab control without having to leave the drivers seat. Anyone know how?
The H1 has on-board air, to which the tires are connected, so inflating/deflating is done from the driver seat. It also has portal axles...

Last edited by GJeep; 12-14-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Quick Reply: What's the best tire deflator solution?