Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Write- Up Diagnosing Death Wobble and Fixing Non-DW Shimmies and Wobbles

Old 09-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bantici
I was looking at synergy for both I just figured I'd throw a feeler out to see what brands ppl have had issues with
I like the Synergy tie rod. Rock Krawler has a new one that is interesting. Ruff Stuff Specialties has one that is less expensive, but suited for DIYers.

I like Synergy, JKS, and Teraflex front trackbars, but I'd be open to using Rock Krawler, EVO, and other quality companies as well.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate all the advice!!
Old 09-08-2014, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Ok. I know yal are sick of hearing from me on this.. I finally did a through test as plan man did in his video.. I have a hard bump coming from my drag link. I can get my channel locks and get a little up and down movement on my tie rod ends, but no bumps when turning the wheel. I see a little deflection in the bushings on my track bar unit bearings are good and ball joints are good. What do yal reccomend? Draglink flip? Or just replace the draglink? The problem arises that I have no idea what brand lift I have nor do I know exactly how much lift I have.. I also don't know if the lift that was installed used a drop pitman arm or if it's still stock.. I know it's ignorant but I bought the jeep already lifted. Also should I go ahead and replace the tierod since I have a little up and down movement? Thanks for any help.I'm looking at the synergy high steer drag link kit and using the synergy draglink flip adapter do yal think that this will work with my set up or do I need to go another direction? I know I haven't provided much information but if you have any questions just ask.

Last edited by bantici; 09-08-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Ok. I know yal are sick of hearing from me on this.. I finally did a through test as plan man did in his video.. I have a hard bump coming from my drag link. I can get my channel locks and get a little up and down movement on my tie rod ends, but no bumps when turning the wheel. I see a little deflection in the bushings on my track bar unit bearings are good and ball joints are good. What do yal reccomend? Draglink flip? Or just replace the draglink? The problem arises that I have no idea what brand lift I have nor do I know exactly how much lift I have.. I also don't know if the lift that was installed used a drop pitman arm or if it's still stock.. I know it's ignorant but I bought the jeep already lifted. Also should I go ahead and replace the tierod since I have a little up and down movement? Thanks for any help.I'm looking at the synergy high steer drag link kit and using the synergy draglink flip adapter do yal think that this will work with my set up or do I need to go another direction? I know I haven't provided much information but if you have any questions just ask.
A drag link flip kit requires 3" or more front extended bumpstops. It doesn't make sense unless you are running at least a 4" lift or 37" tires with stock flares.

Just replace the parts that are worn.

You may need to perform the written checklist at the beginning of this thread. It is more thorough than what I show in the videos.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

planman - I have a question for you since I got no replies on JKO.

I am putting on artec track bar brackets front and rear, the front is the raised mount for a drag link flip - already have both brackets. I am doing this mainly because i want to address "failure prone" areas, no matter how little. I have a synergy drag link, not installed yet.

I have a roughly 4" lift - mostly teraflex. 2.75" bumpstops up front with a teraflex adjustable track bar - any idea if that will work with a drag link flip? I've heard it could rub the sector shaft. any ideas?

the bumps are longer than I need since I only have 35s, but i have full fenders and shock extensions so they match my bumpstops currently.

any help would be appreciated, I really want to avoid getting a different track bar if possible.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by planman
A drag link flip kit requires 3" or more front extended bumpstops. It doesn't make sense unless you are running at least a 4" lift or 37" tires with stock flares. Just replace the parts that are worn. You may need to perform the written checklist at the beginning of this thread. It is more thorough than what I show in the videos.
Should I replace them with factory replacements or go ahead with the synergy that says it will bolt up with factory configuration?
Old 09-09-2014, 05:17 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Should I replace them with factory replacements or go ahead with the synergy that says it will bolt up with factory configuration?
If you have the $, upgrade to the Synergy.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:20 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Originally Posted by lkjk
planman - I have a question for you since I got no replies on JKO. I am putting on artec track bar brackets front and rear, the front is the raised mount for a drag link flip - already have both brackets. I am doing this mainly because i want to address "failure prone" areas, no matter how little. I have a synergy drag link, not installed yet. I have a roughly 4" lift - mostly teraflex. 2.75" bumpstops up front with a teraflex adjustable track bar - any idea if that will work with a drag link flip? I've heard it could rub the sector shaft. any ideas? the bumps are longer than I need since I only have 35s, but i have full fenders and shock extensions so they match my bumpstops currently. any help would be appreciated, I really want to avoid getting a different track bar if possible.
You'll need to increase the length of the passenger side front extended bumpstop to prevent the drag link from hitting the frame on a full stuff articulation.

You can use the Synergy drag link. However, you will need to ream the knuckle and install an insert.

You shouldn't have any sector shaft problems.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys. Just upgrading to a prorock 44 unlimited at the moment. It did not come with a trackbar raised bracket... Do I need one?

I'm running the rk 3.5 max travel so it had a trackbar bracket and my draglink is flipped... I have a feeling I'll need one but your input of anyone running somewhat close to my setup would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Originally Posted by superjk10
Hey guys. Just upgrading to a prorock 44 unlimited at the moment. It did not come with a trackbar raised bracket... Do I need one?

I'm running the rk 3.5 max travel so it had a trackbar bracket and my draglink is flipped... I have a feeling I'll need one but your input of anyone running somewhat close to my setup would be greatly appreciated
Yes. With a flipped draglink, you need a raised axle side trackbar bracket.

Quick Reply: Write- Up Diagnosing Death Wobble and Fixing Non-DW Shimmies and Wobbles