Notices
JL Electrical, Lighting & Sound Jeep JL forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Horn Wire for Canadian JK?

Old 05-13-2019, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn Wire for Canadian JK?

I have a 2011 JKU Sahara that was imported from Canada. I'm trying to hook up a horn button on the dash because the steering wheel horn pad is too stiff to "beep" politely at someone, but I can't find the right wire to tie into under the dash. Everything I found online says it should be a dark green/purple wire with a negative trigger. I found a dark green/purple wire coming from the steering column, and probed it, but I got no trigger (positive or negative) when honking the horn. Thinking maybe I didn't pierce the wire enough, I cut the wire and the horn still honks. Could this be because I have a Canadian model? (I know it has DRLs and some other electrical differences) Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm scratching my head here...

Quick Reply: Horn Wire for Canadian JK?