Notices
JL Member Write-Ups Forum for member authored stories of first impressions, experiences and regrets concerning their JL. Please do not post technical questions in this forum.

Hooke Road Door Guards Review!

Old 12-25-2020, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hooke Road Door Guards Review!

Received a set of Door Guards from Hooke Road for Christmas for my 2021 JLU . Note that this was ordered through Amazon. Install temperature was 60 degrees and surface was prepped with alcohol after cleaning jam. After applying product and letting it sit 24 hours, the product separates off the jeep leaving only the 3m on my door sill. The tape was on the jam of the jeep but removed itself from the back of the molded guard when was bumped as I was entering the jeep. Upon further inspection with minimal force the same happened to the remaining door guards with a slight tug. In review, the product is labeled made in China and had very week 3m double sided tape. The tape separates from the back of the guard itself. I am assuming the surface on back was never prepped before they applied the 2 sided tape. The molded plastic guards was decent in regards to fit but overall Poor QC and prep during production and assembly resulted in creating this issue.
The following users liked this post:
doc5339 (12-25-2020)
Old 12-25-2020, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

That sucks, I have a set from Rough Country on mine and they are holding up fine.

Quick Reply: Hooke Road Door Guards Review!