Notices
JL Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JL Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

8 Things to Know About Jeep Wrangler JL's Mild Hybrid Engine

Old 03-13-2019, 09:46 AM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 8 Things to Know About Jeep Wrangler JL's Mild Hybrid Engine

8 Things to Know About Jeep Wrangler JL's Mild Hybrid Engine

Slideshow: The new eTorque mild-hybrid assist pushes Wrangler farther than ever

By Geoffrey Piehl - March 13, 2019

The following users liked this post:
CJ455 (04-01-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, lets wheel in the middle of nowhere with a engine you cant fix on the trail and nobody carries spare parts for...... not me
Old 03-19-2019, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AZJKU2017
Yeah, lets wheel in the middle of nowhere with a engine you cant fix on the trail and nobody carries spare parts for...... not me
I'd hope the drivetrain would be designed so if the electric motors broke, it wouldn't prevent the standard power from kicking in. But you're right, this is a very real concern.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

FWIW, I don't know that this is targeting those that would be in the middle of nowhere. Also, it's a mild hybrid... so it's still a turbo 4 cylinder if you don't have the e-torque working... same I idea as what's in some of the RAM trucks now. Heck, it's rated at 24 mpg combined, so if you want the jeep for the doors/top off feeling but don't plan on being in the middle of nowhere, this is probably a great choice.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
FWIW, I don't know that this is targeting those that would be in the middle of nowhere. Also, it's a mild hybrid... so it's still a turbo 4 cylinder if you don't have the e-torque working... same I idea as what's in some of the RAM trucks now. Heck, it's rated at 24 mpg combined, so if you want the jeep for the doors/top off feeling but don't plan on being in the middle of nowhere, this is probably a great choice.
Good point just like a lot of other SUVs, there are plenty of Jeeps that never see anything more than the occasional dirt parking lot...
Old 12-04-2019, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep in mind, there is a 48 volt battery next to the driveshaft with AC and Heat lines running to it.

Quick Reply: 8 Things to Know About Jeep Wrangler JL's Mild Hybrid Engine