Default Land Use Supporters

Question for those on this forum.

How many are members of:
Local Club?
State Association?
National Organization?
If none, why?
If one or all, why?
What could an organization like Sharetrails/BlueRibbon Coalition do better to get you to join?

As the President, I am always trying to figure out what we as an organization can do better.
We are always looking for people to sit on our board of directors.
If you think this would interest you, please let me know and I can get you the information.

Thanks

Todd
Old 04-28-2017, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my response.

How many are members of:
Local Club? - Yes and 2 different clubs
State Association? - Yes (Cal4Wheel & SFWDA)
National Organization? - Yes
If none, why?
If one or all, why? - I feel it is important to join so my voice is heard at the local, state and national level when recreation issues happen.
What could an organization like Sharetrails/BlueRibbon Coalition do better to get you to join? - We need to get better at getting the word out about what we do, and how we do it.
Many people don't know about Sharetrails/BRC, and we are trying to close up that gap.
Many people just want to go recreate, and don't want the politics of being in a local club, and we at Sharetrails/BRC need to help highlight the state or national associations that people can join and not worry about the politics in an organization. (In our magazine, we try and highlight different state associations to show people the different options).

Thanks
Todd
Old 04-28-2017, 08:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

My wife and I both give to Blue Ribbon Coalition and do a lot of work locally to keep trails clean. I wish I could get you guys to quit sending us both all the paperwork and mags. in duplicate, we only need one copy of everything and I would like for you guys to save the money. I think most wheelers are interested in helping out but just think others will fight the battle, or don't think it's that critical. Maybe if they lost trails that directly affect their wheeling spot like I have, they just might join in. I tell all newbies on several sites to give until it hurts.

Last edited by dahreno; 05-16-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dahreno
My wire and I both give to Blue Ribbon Coalition and do a lot of work locally to keep trails clean. I wish I could get you guys to quit sending us both all the paperwork and mags. in duplicate, we only need one copy of everything and I would like for you guys to save the money. I think most wheelers are interested in helping out but just think others will fight the battle, or don't think it's that critical. Maybe if they lost trails that directly affect their wheeling spot like I have, they just might join in. I tell all newbies on several sites to give until it hurts.
Are both of you members?
If you both are, that would cause our system to send you both a magazine and the other information that we send out from the office.

Please call the office at 208-237-1008, Ext 0 and talk to Mary Jo.
She can fix your account so you don't get duplicate information.

Or you can send me a PM here with your names and addresses, and I will send an email to the office and have them fix it.

Appreciate your support and what you do to help protect trails.

Todd
Old 05-13-2017, 07:58 AM
JK Freak

Thanks Todd, I'll call in
Old 05-16-2017, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Please let me know what the office says if you have any trouble.
I doubt it though.

They are all very happy to help our members.
We have some of the best staff a President could ask for.

Thanks

Todd
Old 05-16-2017, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Yes, were both members and my Wife called today and talked to subscriptions and they had no problem with removing one of us. Thank you for all you do. I can't believe the lack of response here or any of the other sites when it comes to this very important matter. It's kind of like a car accident, no one wants to get involved. People just want to run their Jeeps all over the place and accept no responsibility. Childish and damaging to our way of life. We went out with Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful (KTMB) last weekend and pick up trash in many areas, our area was Moon rocks. It didn't hurt at all to do this, it was fun and we had a BBQ afterward. If more people did this, we wouldn't be in so much trouble right now.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:26 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for going out and being involved.
If we had more people involved in the whole fight to keep public lands open, and the public process during the travel management process, we would not loose as much as we do IMHO.

I think people think that it won't affect their trail and that others will take care of this process for them.

Thanks

Todd
Old 06-09-2017, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

I find it a little disheartening that of the 116,000 registered members here on JK-Forum, only one commented to my post above.
Thanks dahreno for your comments and membership in Sharetrails.

Why the apathy to land use information and organizations?

I will keep posting here to try and inform the users of the fights going on around the country for land use and access.

Thanks

Todd
Old 08-04-2017, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

A member of 2. Been playing for years, thought to myself one day... I need to give back.

Attachment 673885

Quick Reply: Land Use Supporters