Notices

Sharetrails Challenge returns for 2017

Old 05-27-2017, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sharetrails Challenge returns for 2017

#SharetrailsChallenge Link

It's summer time! To herald the arrival of the fun season and to continue our celebration of Sharetrails.org/BlueRibbon Coalition's 30th year we are embarking on our 2nd annual
#SharetrailsChallenge!
This year we've enjoyed unparalleled success in defending access and working on the elimination of needless rules and regulations that hinder your ability to recreate on public land. We've established direct access to policy makers at the highest levels. All of this is thanks to you, our members and supporters. But we need you now more than ever to help us get to the next level.
The goals of the #SharetrailsChallenge are to promote Sharetrails.org, the preservation of access through social media and to raise our profile. Lawmakers know about us, as do our opponents, but most OHV recreationists do not. Though we are growing at a healthy rate our relatively austere membership numbers (compared to those of our opponents) hinder our ability to raise the money that we need to compete.
So please participate in the #SharetrailsChallenge by liking and sharing the challenge on social media and by convincing others to do the same. #SharetrailsChallenge - Like, share, join, get others to join, donate and spread the word! Show the preservationists and extreme environmentalists that you care just as much as they do about public land.

#SharetrailsChallenge: Here's how it works. Go HERE (8.5 x 11") or HERE (11 x 17") to download/print a copy of our Sharetrails Challenge sign (or make your own). Then take a photograph or video holding the sign (interesting backgrounds are a bonus!) and share it on social media with the #SharetrailsChallenge hashtag (see instructions below). Tell everyone how you are answering the challenge - joining, donating, sharing, getting others involved! Tag your friends and challenge them to join and match your support for Sharetrails.org.

JOIN: We are at a disadvantage in numbers because our membership is far below groups who oppose recreation access. Preservationists groups succeed largely because of their numbers, not because of the merits of their arguments. As the only multi modal 50-state organization that fights for your rights to access we need to grow. #SharetrailsChallenge - join and convince others to join as well.

JOIN
DONATE: Summer is our leanest time - all of you are out having fun. But the work here never stops. This summer our Executive Director and other members of our staff are engaged in direct meetings with members of Congress and representatives of Federal Agencies at the highest levels. None of this is possible without your support. Please donate if you can. Any amount helps.
DONATE

Please note the following:
  • Hashtags are the most reliable on with Twitter, so please post there if at all possible.
  • The next most reliable social media platform for handling hashtags is Instagram, so by all means post your challenge there (particularly if you are unable to post them on Twitter)
  • Post your challenge on any other social media platforms you like, such as Facebook!
As we see them, we will display a number of participants in the feeds below, so come back often! The "Featured Challenger" in the last feed will contain a post we found particularly interesting.

Thanks for participating!

Last edited by Navy-Jeepster; 05-28-2017 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Someone could not read it.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I give to share trails and am active in my area. I would like to read your post but it's in black with a black background and I can't read it.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dahreno
I give to share trails and am active in my area. I would like to read your post but it's in black with a black background and I can't read it.
dahreno

Try reading it now.
I edited the text color to be automatic.
When i changed my color to the black, the text turned white.

Thanks for supporting Sharetrails.

Todd
Old 05-30-2017, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sharetrails/BRC

I'm glad you posted to this forum and will be anxious to see the response. I've been a member of this forum for some time and founded BRC in 1987. I retired as Executive Director in 2006 and currently donate monthly to continue my support of the organization. You are so right, that too few OHV enthusiasts support the effort to keep our trails open. The current leadership is doing a great job building the organization up and deserves your support.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:30 AM
JK Newbie

Clark

I think it is some what of an apathy that others will take care of the land use battle.
I asked for this forum topic to be built, and I populate it about once a week.
I try to keep some of the current hot topics here for people to read.

I see very little response though to most topics, including the one where I asked what organizations people belong to.
It is no different on other forums or Facebook either when we post in their group pages.
This is my one biggest frustration of my years involved in the fight to keep our lands open for recreation.

I understand that some people just don't want to join an organization because of the politics of it all.
That is the wonderful thing about Sharetrails/BRC, is we will not ask you to join the board unless you want to.

Thanks for starting BRC 30 years ago and starting this legacy.

Todd

Quick Reply: Sharetrails Challenge returns for 2017