JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Lone Star State (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/lone-star-state-47/)
-   -   Big Bend National Park Jeeps (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/lone-star-state-47/big-bend-national-park-jeeps-286227/)

USMC Wrangler 09-18-2013 04:54 PM

I now live and work inside the park. My neighbor also has a JKU. For anyone that has been down there, cell phones don't normally work. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow Jeepers that visit. If you need or want road/trail/general park conditions before making the long drive down, hit me up. I just drove Black Gap in my work truck last week. It is definitely fun and need something other than my stock tires before I try it in the Jeep. :rock::thumbsup::beer:

EDIT: I no longer live there so I suggest calling ahead about conditions.

AK76 09-18-2013 05:52 PM

Lucky! I love it out there, have been many times (lived in Alpine when I was younger) bur haven't taken my jeep yet. Looking forward to doing so soon... maybe Christmas or Spring break.

USMC Wrangler 09-18-2013 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by AK76 (Post 3681973)
Lucky! I love it out there, have been many times (lived in Alpine when I was younger) bur haven't taken my jeep yet. Looking forward to doing so soon... maybe Christmas or Spring break.

Cool, let me know when you do.

AK76 09-28-2013 06:47 PM

Will do!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

NUKEM-10 10-31-2013 05:57 AM

Planning on heading out there on thanksgiving and spending a week down there. I've been there several times riding motorcycles, camping and stuff but never takin my jeep. Were are planning on camping at one of the Glen Spring camp sites if there are not already takin.

USMC Wrangler 11-01-2013 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by NUKEM-10 (Post 3719969)
Planning on heading out there on thanksgiving and spending a week down there. I've been there several times riding motorcycles, camping and stuff but never takin my jeep. Were are planning on camping at one of the Glen Spring camp sites if there are not already takin.

Great! They have been working on Glenn Springs and all of River Road with a blade. Old Ore is pretty good as of a couple weeks ago and Black Gap is, well, awesome in any Jeep!

Unfortunately I'm on crutches and pain meds right now. I hope to be back in good order by Thanksgiving,

NUKEM-10 11-05-2013 05:21 AM

yeah ive been on black gap with my dual sport bike and it was fun so im looking forward to it in my jeep. also what is the name of the dirt road that runs between dagger flats and the paved road down there by Rio grande village? thats old ore road right?

USMC Wrangler 11-05-2013 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by NUKEM-10 (Post 3725139)
yeah ive been on black gap with my dual sport bike and it was fun so im looking forward to it in my jeep. also what is the name of the dirt road that runs between dagger flats and the paved road down there by Rio grande village? thats old ore road right?

That's right, Old Ore Road. There are several great places to get out and explore on foot from that road.

NUKEM-10 11-05-2013 12:29 PM

I know there is so much to see out there i guess thats y i like it so much. plus i like hiking up and around the rim. last time i was up there we hiked down Juniper Canyon which was fun but ill never do it again with a 40 pack lol. i think we are gonna spend a day and go up the south rim trail and hike down Homer Wilson Ranch which i have never done before.

USMC Wrangler 11-05-2013 12:31 PM

Those are hikes I haven't gotten to do yet but they are on my list!