Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Recommendations on Boar Hunt in TX? Pay to hunt on land or for guide / outfitter

Old 12-15-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations on Boar Hunt in TX? Pay to hunt on land or for guide / outfitter

Myself and two buddies want to head to TX in Jan, Feb or March to do a boar hunt. Willing to pay to hunt on land with good population or guide outfitter. Send me a pm if have any useful or post on here, thanks. Joe
Old 12-16-2011, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know in the centerville area they have outfits that do that sort of stuff... Wild hogs are such a problem in Texas I know a few people that will let me on for free to hunt them so locals don't really use those companies too often... though if you are coming in on vacation you are likely better off using them b/c about 50% of the time I go out trying to hunt hogs I don't see anything and these places sound like they know exactly where to find them.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Check your messages

Pm sent to you
Old 12-18-2011, 05:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hypeiv
I know in the centerville area they have outfits that do that sort of stuff... Wild hogs are such a problem in Texas I know a few people that will let me on for free to hunt them so locals don't really use those companies too often... though if you are coming in on vacation you are likely better off using them b/c about 50% of the time I go out trying to hunt hogs I don't see anything and these places sound like they know exactly where to find them.
Looking for a hunting buddy? Just moved to the area and wanting to get into this. Also need a new wheeling buddy/group.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:12 PM
JK Junkie

If you need a tag along buddy Im always up for some boar hunting, I have ammo to burn.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:17 PM
JK Freak

We may have a place coming up after deer season that we could take people on. Just gotta work out the details and get everything set up.

But there are a LOT of places that offer hog hunts around Texas. Some even offer night hunts with nightvision and/or flir.

Here is one http://www.moodyranch.com/ They pretty much provide everything. A few friends of mine did it and had a blast.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:56 PM
JK Junkie

I would be interested, keep me informed
Old 12-19-2011, 10:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm up for a trip.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info guys!!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

The good thing about most night vision hunts is that they provide the gun and everything. You just show up and shoot.

Quick Reply: Recommendations on Boar Hunt in TX? Pay to hunt on land or for guide / outfitter