Notices
Marketplace Jeep Wrangler JK & JL Vehicles and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

Expedition Trailer on 35" Tires

For Sale

Miscellaneous

05-12-2018, 10:17 AM | Replies: 1 | Views: 1788
  • Miscellaneous - Expedition Trailer on 35" Tires - Used - North Hills, CA 91343, United States
    Expired
  • Miscellaneous - Expedition Trailer on 35" Tires - Used - North Hills, CA 91343, United States
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
JK Freak

• Price
    $7,000
    • OBO
  • Location North Hills, CA, 91343, USA
  • Condition Used
Description:

I am selling my expedition trailer and I am asking $7,000 or best offer.

The trailer started life as an old WWII era jeep trailer. I kept the sides and floor of the trailer box and rebuilt everything else including a custom frame, hinged lid with gas struts, roof rack to mount a RRT and fenders.

The axel is a 5,000 lb trailer axle with electric brakes. The RTT is a Tempui Gran Sabana. It has a tongue box with a single 12 V battery (with room to add a second battery) that powers lights inside the tent. There is a 20 gallon tank for drinking water and a standard 20 lb propane tank mounted on the tongue. There is 18" x 35" of storage space with tie downs between the water tank and tongue box to haul anything dirty you don't want inside the trailer like fire wood.

The trailer box measures about 6' L x 38" W x 32" H and will hold a lot of gear. The wheels on the trailer are 5 on 5 lug pattern which will also fit a Jeep JK so you have an extra spare tire if pulling with a Jeep. Tires are 35" Toyo MTs. Above the spare tire is a place to mount a high lift jack (jack not included). The tongue jack can be unpinned and mounted to the front of the trailer box while on the trail to allow for more ground clearance. The rear of the trailer has sliding stabilizing legs that can be adjusted to level the trailer. The fenders run the full length of the box and provide an excellent step to reach the back of the box or an area to tie down more gear.

Included with the trailer and the tent is a Max Coupler hitch which fully articulates off-road to prevent binding between the trailer and tow rig.

When open the tent provides an upper sleeping area of about 6 foot by 8 foot with a thick foam pad. It is very comfortable for sleeping. The removable lower room has about the same foot print on the ground which provides additional sleeping area or an area to get dressed in the mornings.

The trailer is located in North Hills, Ca 91343.

Last edited by hansen65; 05-12-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I am not in the market for this, I did want to compliment you on the design and build! Something like this would be very useful out here in Minnesota! I hope it sells fast!