Notices
Marketplace Jeep Wrangler JK & JL Vehicles and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

FS: Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon suspension coil springs & shocks - $100

For Sale

Steering/Suspension

07-18-2018, 10:27 AM | Replies: 9 | Views: 4413
  • Steering/Suspension - FS: Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon suspension coil springs & shocks - $100 - Used - 2007 to 2018 Jeep Wrangler - Los Angeles, CA 90066, United States
    Sold
JK Enthusiast

• Price
    $100
    • OBO
  • Location Los Angeles, CA, 90066, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Jeep Wrangler 2007 - 2018
Description:

Price: $100 OBO
Coil Spring Part Numbers:
2x 68196009AA
2x 68196006AA
4x Rubicon Shocks

Nearly brand new take offs from a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon. These are the stiffest OEM coil springs and provide a 1/2-inch lift over the standard Rubicon suspension, and 1-2inches taller over other trim levels. The Rubicon shocks are a great upgrade and according to 4x4 magazine shootouts, outperform a lot of aftermarket shocks.

All parts are rust free and almost brand new condition.

Coil Spring Part Numbers:
68196009AA
68196006AA

Old 07-18-2018, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wrangler unlimited rubicon recon suspension parts

Hi, I'm interested in your parts - would you mind shipping them to me (at my cost)? I live in Connecticut, and am looking to upgrade my stock 2013 Sahara suspension which is somewhat worn down. I will PM you with my contact information
Old 07-23-2018, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to sell locally. Shocks and coils are heavy and tricky to ship.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

No problem, actually found a set and had them shipped to me. Would have been happy to cover shipping
Old 07-23-2018, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm about to go on vacation, so I don't have time to deal with it right now, but if you still haven't sold them in a couple weeks I think I'd be interested in taking them off your hands!

Do you know, though, if the shocks are any different than regular 2-door Rubicon shocks? I'm not super familiar with the Recon
Old 07-23-2018, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedRubycon
I'm about to go on vacation, so I don't have time to deal with it right now, but if you still haven't sold them in a couple weeks I think I'd be interested in taking them off your hands!

Do you know, though, if the shocks are any different than regular 2-door Rubicon shocks? I'm not super familiar with the Recon
Shocks should be the same on all rubicons no matter if they are two or four door, or recon, hard rock or regular - there is actually a lot of confusion about whether the Sahara has the same shocks but in black, and I don't know the answer to that

The springs are the main difference, with Recon's having a 1/2 inch higher lift compared to other rubicons of the same type (2 or 4 door), but like people have found, you could get an even higher lift if you use 4 door springs on the 2 door. From my discussions, it looks like the Recon 4 doors have a new spring part number, while the 2 doors get their lift with the heavier springs that were previously used on the 4 doors with hardtop and tow package (see numerous threads online about it). If you have a 2 door, this should give you at least a 1/2 inch lift and probably closer to 1-1.5 inches depending on whether you have a hard top or tow package from the factory

Last edited by ajku; 07-23-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine is a 2-door, so looking to get a little cheap/easy lift with some stiffer springs, mostly to compensate for the additional weight from heavy bumpers, winch, etc. I'll be back in town weekend after next (August 4ish), and if you've still got them, I think I could make some good use of them.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedRubycon
Mine is a 2-door, so looking to get a little cheap/easy lift with some stiffer springs, mostly to compensate for the additional weight from heavy bumpers, winch, etc. I'll be back in town weekend after next (August 4ish), and if you've still got them, I think I could make some good use of them.
You should definitely get that with the recon springs.

They are not mine, I was looking to do similar with my JKUS but ended up finding someone who would ship me their Rubicon shocks and some aftermarket springs that will likely give it a similar boost to what you'll see with this kit - nothing crazy but a enough to keep me satisfied for a bit (and hopefully enough overall with new fender flares to accommodate bigger tires down the line).
Old 07-31-2018, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

PM sent, hope they're still available!
Old 07-31-2018, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOLD them yesterday.