Notices
Member Video Creations Please post your favorite JK related video link here. Members only please.

Mark Doiron's Videos, Section I

Old 04-08-2013, 09:05 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts
Default Mark Doiron's Videos, Section I

Here are my Jeep videos. Early ones are mostly slideshows set to music. Later ones include commentary and moving picture. LOL: I hope that you see the quality improving as I learn this new skill of shooting video!

A small group of us decided to run the K-Trail from Clayton, OK to Mena, AR. We spent the first night at Clayton Lake State Park, took a photo op detour to cross the Kiamichi River near there, then headed up to McKinley Rocks for our first night to camp. Some of the group returned to Clayton State Park to pick up gear and trailers that were left behind during what we thought would be some rougher segments of the trip. In fact, their return was the roughest because of the trail, the trailers, and the weather--rain followed by thick fog. They would end up winching out twice, blowing one tire bead, and rolling one of the trailers over. Fortunately it suffered only slight damage--it proved its worth as an off-road capable trailer. The next night we headed to Kiamichi Mountain Fire Tower. Two of our party headed home without pressing all the way. Then, on Monday morning we were greeted by more fog and very fierce winds. We decided to exit the trail and head for Tailihina and home without making it quite all of the way to Mena. The music is "Sun Spark" and "I'm Gonna Go" by Dan-O. His music is available royalty free at danosongs.com. If you'd like to learn more about this trip, a written trip report is available here: expeditionoutfitters.com/Expedition_Outfitters/Overlanding/Entries/2012/2/23_K_Trail_2172012_-_2202012.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe06O1f2Zzw I took a trip with some fellow Jeepers to Canyon de Chelly, AZ and the Mojave Trail, CA. During the trip we'd encounter a sandstorm and multiple blizzards that shut down roads and a planned side trip to the Grand Canyon. We persevered and had a great time. After exiting the Mojave Trail, I continued by myself up to Marysville, WA, where I helped my friend, Ray, to modify his Jeep for more challenging off-road adventures. During my return, my clutch slave cylinder blew, adding a day to my travels. The video is mostly still pictures I shot during this trip, but does include some short, video segments. The music (except for the ending video segment) is by Dan-O. His music is freely available for download and use at danosongs.com.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9UCabyrYfI A group of us from Oklahoma decided to run the Ozark Overland Trail in Arkansas. The full trail is about 191 miles long, from Russellville to St. Joe, AR. It consists of Forest Service, power line and county roads, with short stretches of paved highway to connect segments. While it is mostly dirt road, there are sections where it is little more than a roughed out trail through the woods. There are several superb viewpoints along or near the route, and sixteen river crossings--mostly easy, but a couple that are more dramatic. We cut out a few short segments to save time, shortening our travel to 165 miles. We ended the three day trip with lunch at the War Eagle Mill. Music is by JackVanMan (music4yourvids.co.uk/licence.html) and Dan-O (danosongs.com).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6DqD-lxtKc We had read on Facebook that a fellow Jeeper had become stuck out on the Canadian River near Bridgeport, OK all night. So, we mounted a rescue effort. However, he would be rescued before our arrival, so we decided to stay and play for a little while. Music is Banana Moonshine and Blue Devil Plain by Dano. His music is freely available for use at danosongs.com.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhbSsQSWHSY
Old 04-08-2013, 09:12 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Default Mark Doiron's Videos, Section II

A group of us decided to run the Canadian River from Calumet, OK to Bridgeport. We had done part of this the previous weekend, but this was a longer run (about 20 miles total). It was on "July 4th weekend", actually on Sunday, July 1st. We took to calling it the Canadian Independence Run, not realizing at that time that July 1st is, in fact, the date that Canadians celebrate their independence. The music is "Allambee Divides the Timor Sea" by Dan-O. His music is freely available at danosongs.com.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyDIT0-98FI My very good friend, Ray, and I decided to meet up for a tour of the American Southwest. This video is about one segment of that week long trip--the 61-mile drive along Mt. Trumbull Road to Toroweap (AKA Tuweep) on the north rim of Grand Canyon National Park. For those unfamiliar with the area, Toroweap has nine primitive campsites. It is so remote that reservations are not required--rarely is it ever full. And it's right on the rim of the canyon, lower in elevation than pretty much any other place accessible by vehicles within the national park. This video is about that part of our trip; I will post other videos about other segments of the trip later on. The music is "Wait for the Dawn" and "The Streatham Hill Gods" by Dan-O. His music is available for free download at danosongs.com. (NOTE: Don't wait for the video thumbnail to show--YouTube never offered any)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-yoPi-v5YM This video documents the trip that my friend, Ray, and I took in parts of Arizona. Other parts of this trip to Toroweap on the Grand Canyon north rim and San Diego Zoo Safari Park are recorded in separate YouTube videos. Most of this video is about our off-road exploits on Schnebly Hill Road and Soldier Pass (near Sedona), the Backway up Mt Lemmon (near Tucson), a paved highway from Tucson to Gila Bend via Ajo, and a short segment about our entry into the San Diego area through highways near the Mexican border. Photography and videography is by Ray and myself. Music is by Kevin MacLeod ("Super Friendly"). Download his music at incompetech.com. Dan-O created "Crowd in the Palace" and "On Air and Dew". Download his music at danosongs.com.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvleHUiGX5g We were planning a trip to the San Bois Mountains near Kinta, OK for mid-October for a large group of four wheelers. The current trip was for three of us to scope out the area before the larger group trip. Our goal was to find some challenging trails, a campsite and two lakes. The music is "Cipher" by Kevin MacLeod (download his music at
music4yourvids.co.uk), and "Gently" and "The Lady of Vastness" by Dan-O
(download his music at danosongs.com).

NOTE: It has come to my attention that the land shown in this video has been auctioned off and is now all privately held. Out of respect to the property owners, I discourage everyone from venturing into this area. I am told that the landowners will be putting up various blockades, so it would likely be pointless to attempt a trip anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZS6MLW6_dw
Old 04-08-2013, 09:16 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Default Mark Doiron's Videos, Section III

This was our second run into the Sans Bois Mountains near Kinta, OK in the past few weeks. We took some different trails this time, exploring further to the east. The weather was very nice, as compared to last time when we suffered heavy rains. While we didn't have the mud and winching to contend with, the trails we picked this time were rockier and steeper than previously--a pretty good challenge for our off-road vehicles.

The music is "Trance Taboo" by RickVanMan. His music can be downloaded at music4yourvids.co.uk

Also, I was remiss in the video credits, forgetting that Brandy P. also did some of the camerawork. Sorry, Brandy! :-(

Couple other thoughts (before they appear in the comments section): Those sequences where the Jeep drove over the camera, there was no person laying under a moving Jeep. You can see the camera in some of the other sequences, a small, black Canon laying on a rock in the gully. And the snake was quite dead when we found it. We wouldn't harm wildlife unnecessarily.

NOTE: It has come to my attention that the land shown in this video has been auctioned off and is now all privately held. Out of respect to the property owners, I discourage everyone from venturing into this area. I am told that the landowners will be putting up various blockades, so it would likely be pointless to attempt a trip anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQHYl2Kp5ww Matt invited James and me to spend three days off-roading in Big Bend National Park, TX. We would camp the first night at Ernst Tinaja and the second at Dominguez. The second day started nicely, but ended with storms all around us. Amazingly, we experienced hardly any rain, despite being surrounded on all sides by an awesome display of nature's power. James left late the second day because of a prior engagement in Oklahoma. We camped the last night at Glenn Spring, and exited by the same trail as James. It was a great experience--I'm ready to go back anytime!

The music is by Dan-O: The Lady of Vastness, Gently, and I Love You Great Spirit. His music can be downloaded at danosongs.com.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4TZkduhlRM I went on the K-Trail with some friends for the second annual President's Day weekend run. We had a wonderful time again, though it was cool (in the mid-20s) at night. Two couples departed on day two, while the rest of us continued further east, racking up about 60 off-road miles before heading back to paved highways and civilization. The music is "I'm Gonna Go" by Dan-O. Download his music at danosongs.com.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j88zqOVAMqE
Old 04-08-2013, 11:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice job on the videos Mark! And thanks for taking the time to share them!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice videos!!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Great videos Mark. Thanks for sharing them.

Quick Reply: Mark Doiron's Videos, Section I