Notices
Member Video Creations Please post your favorite JK related video link here. Members only please.

What you NEED to know before using Seafoam in your Jeep!

Old 10-28-2016, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What you NEED to know before using Seafoam in your Jeep!

Hi Guys,

Check out how much smoke can out of my engine after I used Seafoam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRiREl0GDKA Thanks for watching

AdventureDex
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Seafoam.png
Views:	238
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	659858  
Old 10-28-2016, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used seafoam in my xterra. It would choke out the engine and would stall when I put it in my evap. I see you took your time. I will try that next time.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by xkid
Used seafoam in my xterra. It would choke out the engine and would stall when I put it in my evap. I see you took your time. I will try that next time.
Yah, patients is key with Seafoam
Old 11-01-2016, 04:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Okay, I just bought some SeaFoam that is in a pressurized can with a small nozzle to insert into the intake. And a can of liquid to use in the gas. Why the difference from what is in this video?
Old 11-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

He gets a cut from YouTube by you watching the video, that's the only difference. Truth be told, seafoam isn't the ideal solution for cleaning the intake since it is immediately burned up and is concentrated in the front cylinders over the rear. The Mopar combustion chamber cleaner is a better solution since it is allowed to soak in and burn off.

Seafoam in the gas is likely snake oil. It just goes boom like gas but I'm not saying I'm not guilty of buying the advertising.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
He gets a cut from YouTube by you watching the video, that's the only difference. Truth be told, seafoam isn't the ideal solution for cleaning the intake since it is immediately burned up and is concentrated in the front cylinders over the rear. The Mopar combustion chamber cleaner is a better solution since it is allowed to soak in and burn off.

Seafoam in the gas is likely snake oil. It just goes boom like gas but I'm not saying I'm not guilty of buying the advertising.
Thanks for sharing! I don't have any hard stats on how my Jeep performed before or after the Seafoam but the drive feels better!
Old 11-01-2016, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I get the same 'feel' when I do it but it's not what we think it is. The user should be cautioned as well that using these additives can (not that it necessarily will, but can) foul spark plugs. I don't know of the effects of seafoam on the oxygen sensors.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:55 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I have 200K miles on my Jeep and burn whatever gas I can find reasonably priced (cheap). During the Al-Can trip there was rarely much choice in gas. I burned a lot of questionable gas that was 85 octane, maybe even lower, and sometimes could have been months old. Now I have a tick in my engine that is loudest at the end of the fuel rail. I wanted to run something through the engine to clean it up, so figured I'd hit it with the SeaFoam based on testimonials. I seriously doubt it will fix the problem, but absolutely would not mind being pleasantly surprised. After that, it's down to serious troubleshooting, but I want to try something easy first.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I have 200K miles on my Jeep and burn whatever gas I can find reasonably priced (cheap). During the Al-Can trip there was rarely much choice in gas. I burned a lot of questionable gas that was 85 octane, maybe even lower, and sometimes could have been months old. Now I have a tick in my engine that is loudest at the end of the fuel rail. I wanted to run something through the engine to clean it up, so figured I'd hit it with the SeaFoam based on testimonials. I seriously doubt it will fix the problem, but absolutely would not mind being pleasantly surprised. After that, it's down to serious troubleshooting, but I want to try something easy first.
Alot of people are questioning the seriousness of Seafoam but it definitely won't hurt to try. At about $6 bucks a can, its a very cheap and easy solution, if it works.

Let us know how it goes for you!
Old 11-06-2016, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Let us know the results Mark

Quick Reply: What you NEED to know before using Seafoam in your Jeep!