Notices
Mexico If you live in Mexico and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Baja trips!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja trips!

I make some trips into Baja every year for fishing. Typically anywere from Bay of LA down to Loreto.Wondering if any one does any trips down their, sure looks like their would be a whole bunch of good spots out their. Gonna head down to La Bocanna next year, its just south of G Negro and i figure ill tow the jeep down and leave the boat home. Do some fishing from the local pangas and some wheeling while down their. JUST PUTTING MY FEELERS OUT FOR A BAJA TRIP NEXT YEAR......
Old 11-29-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been talking with my girl about heading down towards Loreto to a coastal town called Agua Verde. Beautiful place man. Haven't been down there since i was a kid.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Serg5000
I have been talking with my girl about heading down towards Loreto to a coastal town called Agua Verde. Beautiful place man. Haven't been down there since i was a kid.
I was down in Loreto this past July and was talking to some people (americans) that are retired down their, and during the winter months they go on these quad runs deep into the mountains their. Im sure their are some nice jeep trails their as well. looking at a map now for Agua Verde and cant find it, north or south of loredo?
Just noticed your in palmdale, im right up the road from you in acton!!

Last edited by saravonshep; 11-29-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey if you do not wanna drive all the way down i like to go by cataviņa once you there is a dirt road that will take you to a lake and from there you can get to the cortez side and stop by gonzaga bay.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ORWJK
Hey if you do not wanna drive all the way down i like to go by cataviņa once you there is a dirt road that will take you to a lake and from there you can get to the cortez side and stop by gonzaga bay.
That sounds like a future trip for me. Ive never been to gonzaga bay by way of catavina. Thanks for the info
Old 05-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Hey Chris or if you go south from there a little bit more you can find scorpion bay (nest fish tacos).

Just remember that from cataviņa you still got to drive like 20 miles south and you will see a sign that made with beer cans thats cocos corner he is a pretty cool guy thats in the middle of no where from there just drive north close to 15 miles and you will see a gas station,store and some planes and to the left there is a place where you can rent a little house for about $120.00 (dollars) a nite and the beach is 10 feet away from you.

tell me when are you planing on going and i might try to set up something with some guys from here .
Old 06-09-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Junkie

Default Baja Run

Hey Chris, I just saw this post. Vince and I are ready for any run down to Baja - love it there. Let me know if any plans firm up.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ORWJK
Hey Chris or if you go south from there a little bit more you can find scorpion bay (nest fish tacos).

Just remember that from cataviņa you still got to drive like 20 miles south and you will see a sign that made with beer cans thats cocos corner he is a pretty cool guy thats in the middle of no where from there just drive north close to 15 miles and you will see a gas station,store and some planes and to the left there is a place where you can rent a little house for about $120.00 (dollars) a nite and the beach is 10 feet away from you.

tell me when are you planing on going and i might try to set up something with some guys from here .
Is their a little sign that says San Felipe to the left around their as you go south on hwy 1, might be around 20 miles south of catavina. Was just down their on the way to chivato. Heading back down at the end of august for another fishing trip. Would love to get a group together and do some wheeling down their.

Last edited by saravonshep; 06-13-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CALIJK
Hey Chris, I just saw this post. Vince and I are ready for any run down to Baja - love it there. Let me know if any plans firm up.
Hey Dave, would love a trip south of the border for a little wheeling. Have to see if we could get a group together and maybe head to Bay of Los Angeles this summer. Their would be some good exploring their i reckon.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Originally Posted by saravonshep
Is their a little sign that says San Felipe to the left around their as you go south on hwy 1, might be around 20 miles south of catavina. Was just down their on the way to chivato. Heading back down at the end of august for another fishing trip. Would love to get a group together and do some wheeling down their.
Well it looks like you know your way over there so if you are going thru highway 1 (going south to north) make a left where coco's corner is past thru his ranch and that dirt road will take to up there in like 20 or 30 minutes.

Quick Reply: Baja trips!