JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Mid-West (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/mid-west-52/)
-   -   JK-Forum Labor Day Weekend Run - September 3rd - 5th (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/mid-west-52/jk-forum-labor-day-weekend-run-september-3rd-5th-182822/)

interceptor_1972 06-18-2011 08:07 AM

Latest Update:
The Labor Day Disney run is being cancelled; several of us will now be meeting up in Oklahoma City to help RCJunkie with the build on his Mango Tango JK instead.

However, some members are still making a run to Buzzard Canyon and a few more are meeting up in Disney. Those interested in Buzzard Canyon, contact genesbro for more information, and jjeakin79 could help you with the Disney run :thumbsup:

Attendees:

Confirmed - Buzzard Canyon:
- snowbilt
- genesbro
- vonhef

Confirmed - Disney:
- SilverJK12
- jjeakin79
- Texas44k

Maybe:
- Red-Dirt
- JohnnyB

Midgear 06-19-2011 11:28 AM

hate to be the first one to clog this thread, but how would a stock JK with duratracs do on these kinds of trails? lol

interceptor_1972 06-19-2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Midgear (Post 2357084)
hate to be the first one to clog this thread, but how would a stock JK with duratracs do on these kinds of trails? lol

There are several tracks that a stock JK would be fine on, and then there are several that you would want to have some degree of lift and other protective armor. The good thing is with the Duratracs, you have a tire that's designed to handle the terrain we're talking about.

snowbilt 06-20-2011 05:35 PM

Buzzard or Disney in that order. I'm down for the date.

SilverJK12 06-20-2011 09:14 PM

Disney is my bet . Really if the drive from Tulsa is less than 2 hours then I am cool! Add me in!!!

jjeakin79 06-22-2011 06:32 PM

If I can get off that weekend, my votes for Disney!

PainKiller 06-22-2011 07:06 PM

thanks for putting something together Manoj :thumbsup:

you can put me down for Disney and /or Buzzard..........but I am out on the Clayton trip unless it is a cold weather run, to many Rattles singing in that area for me :eek2:

genesbro 06-22-2011 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Midgear (Post 2357084)

I'm down for Buzzard and there are trails there for all kinds of rigs from bone stock to full blown rock crawler.

PainKiller 06-22-2011 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by interceptor_1972 (Post 2363603)
Awesome Duane. I got you down bro :thumbsup:. I know - I figured you'd have a blast with the rattles :D:wink:

had one of my customers tell me they were clearing a cliff side with a dozer over the weekend and hit a den, the guy bailed off the dozer screaming and running away........on another note there seems to be a movement of "coach whip" reptiles moving around the area.....they travel in pairs/packs and slither with their heads up and whistle as they chase you down then "whip you with their long tails...........:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek 2: crazyyyyyyyyyyyy

snowbilt 06-23-2011 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by PainKiller

had one of my customers tell me they were clearing a cliff side with a dozer over the weekend and hit a den, the guy bailed off the dozer screaming and running away........on another note there seems to be a movement of "coach whip" reptiles moving around the area.....they travel in pairs/packs and slither with their heads up and whistle as they chase you down then "whip you with their long tails...........:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek 2: crazyyyyyyyyyyyy

Oh helllllllllno