Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

July - Black Hills - Family Road Trip - Trail suggestion?

Old 05-02-2016, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default July - Black Hills - Family Road Trip - Trail suggestion?

Hi. I have a family trip (wife, son and me) planned for the week of July 10th to the Black Hills. We plan to do all the touristy stuff, but we are taking my jeep out instead of the wife's 4-runner. I suggested that we try to find a easy to moderate trail to do one of the days and my wife is cool with that. No serious rock crawling, but not simple dirt roads either.

Any suggestions? Or is there a good site for trail lists that I can evaluate?

We are staying in Custer City.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-13-2016, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the trails require a forest Service trail permit ($25). There are two maps one for southern black hills and one for the northern part that you can get from the forest service with your pass. I prefer the trails in the northern hills but you are staying in the southern hills. You can buy the permit on line and down load the trail maps. Northern Hills the Camp 5 area is the best. Southern Hills try the area around Ditch Creek. Weekends we usually have a group going out and you would be welcome to join us if it works out.

Quick Reply: July - Black Hills - Family Road Trip - Trail suggestion?