Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Repair shop in Peoria IL area

Old 10-12-2017, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repair shop in Peoria IL area

We just bought a used JK (bone stock) with death wobble. Anyone know of any good shops around that can properly diagnose and fix? Dealer wants to put a new stabilizer on it, so I'm not going to return. Any suggestions at all are greatly appreciated!

Grant
Old 10-24-2017, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Also in Peoria, I agree the steering stabilizer is likely not the cause. Have you checked the bolts/bushings on the control arms? I've had good luck with the Jeep dealer in N. Pekin (not sure which one you went to)
Old 10-24-2017, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went to Uftring in North Pekin. I had my other JK serviced there and they do a good job. I was a little harsh in my first post, so let me correct. I had a conversation with the dealer before I bought the Jeep (bought it from a private owner). We all agreed the stabilizer isn't the cause. But, when I took it in, they said everything was great but the stabilizer was shot (which it was) and that should fix the problem. Just kind of went against what we originally discussed. Tech was a good guy and really took the time to discuss what he saw. We ended up putting a new OME stabilizer on it. I just have a feeling the DW will be back. I guess I just want a second opinion before waiting for the inevitable to return. I have a strong feeling it's track bar related, but I'm not a technician.

Grant

Quick Reply: Repair shop in Peoria IL area