JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Mid-West (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/mid-west-52/)
-   -   Tuttle Creek on July 9th (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/mid-west-52/tuttle-creek-july-9th-238999/)

CHIPPER916 07-05-2012 07:10 PM

Tuttle Creek on July 9th

A group of us from the Kansas City area are going to Tuttle Creek on Monday, July 9th. If anyone else wants to join us and you are traveling west from KC you can meet us at the McDonalds at the I-70 service plaza outside of Lawrence between 7:30am and 8:00am.

Since it's a Monday, we should have the park pretty much to ourselves.

sky 07-06-2012 03:14 AM

Have fun! My club is going this weekend but sadly I won't be making the trip.

Have you been to Kansas Rocks?

CHIPPER916 07-06-2012 04:52 AM

Yeah, I've been to Kansas Rocks a few times. A group of us were down there on June 24th, and it was HOT! I may be heading back there in August.

CHIPPER916 07-08-2012 11:49 AM

A slight change, we are going to plan on leaving the Lawrence service plaza at about 7:30am so that we have more time at Tuttle.

Ceruzziracing 07-08-2012 12:39 PM

Any chance a stock JK would be welcome? My two daughters and I just moved here from Florida and are looking for something fun to do

CHIPPER916 07-08-2012 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ceruzziracing (Post 3104969)
Any chance a stock JK would be welcome? My two daughters and I just moved here from Florida and are looking for something fun to do

Absolutely! You can always take a bypass around any of the more difficult obstacles and meet us on the other side. I used to be stock too, so I know we all have to start somewhere.

Let me know if you want to go and where you want to meet up. I will also PM you my cell number if you need to call me in the morning.

Chip

CHIPPER916 07-08-2012 02:00 PM

Please disregard what I said in my previous post about letting me know where you want to meet up in the morning. Just plan on meeting us at the McDonalds at the I-70 service plaza outside of Lawrence at approximately 7:30am if you can make it. Call or text me if you are running late and need for us to wait.

Chip

Ceruzziracing 07-09-2012 04:41 PM

Just wanted to give a big Thank You! to Chip and all the guys (and gal) that welcomed me to wheeling and made myself and my daughters feel right at home. Tuttle was a BLAST! and I learned just how much a little stock (other than 2.5" lift) skinny tired Jeep was capable of! Everyone was great and I quickly got over feeling like the odd man out. I'm terrible with names, but thanks to each and every one of you guys.

CHIPPER916 07-10-2012 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ceruzziracing (Post 3106812)
Just wanted to give a big Thank You! to Chip and all the guys (and gal) that welcomed me to wheeling and made myself and my daughters feel right at home. Tuttle was a BLAST! and I learned just how much a little stock (other than 2.5" lift) skinny tired Jeep was capable of! Everyone was great and I quickly got over feeling like the odd man out. I'm terrible with names, but thanks to each and every one of you guys.

It was great meeting you and your daughters, and it's good to hear that you had a good time yesterday. You and your Jeep amazed us by showing what a nearly stock Jk is capable of. You were a good sport by being willing to attempt and succeed at getting through some very challenging stuff.

After you left we went back out on the trails but not for too much longer. Kris had another engine fire while his Jeep was hung up on a ledge, but this time it spread quickly and we were not able to get the fire out before major damage was done. I learned why carrying a fire extinguisher with you when wheeling is a must. Everyone started grabbing their bottled water they had brought for the day to put the fire out, and then we started throwing dirt on it. I had to winch Kris over the ledge after the fire was out, and then Luke used a tow strap to pull Kris through the park back to the parking lot, and Kris lost most of his brakes because of the fire! Luke still had to pull Kris over some obstacles on the way out, and then I would have to use my tow strap to hook up to Luke to help pull up him and Kris. It was an unforgettable way to end the day.

I will get some videos and photos up as soon as I can, including the engine fire.

Looking forward to seeing you out on the trails soon.

Chip

Ceruzziracing 07-10-2012 08:56 AM

Wow, so sorry to hear about the damage to Kris's rig, he was really trying to get her running right all day. I can't believe the ledge he and Luke went down, I thought for sure they were going to flip, cool stuff! I guess that's another reason not to ever go wheeling alone, gotta have help around you.