Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Family trip to moab

Old 03-24-2018, 09:31 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Family trip to moab

Well we are making our 3rd trip to Moab. The first trip through it was just my family and we hit Moab in the middle of the worst snowstorm they had had in decades...in a stock wrangler... I did part of Fin's and things... and hit snow, stated Hells revenge, hit ice and snow, and started posion spider and hit snow, even tried pucker pass and it was all snow. So we just messed around- we were there only 2.5 days. Then 4 years ago we got the permits to camp on the White Rim trail for three days, ran the whole trial and did hiking and camping in the park. Then we did three other trails before leaving town. Elephant Hill, Fins and Things, Hells revenge. This trip was a family reunion and I think we were all 34 inch and smaller tires then. We said we would come back again some time.
This year we will be there at the end of may (27) and into the first week in June (5th). We have an ambitious plan we are putting together... but we will see what it looks like as the time gets closer. We will have 3 JKU's (2 on 35's one on 36's), an XJ on 35's, and possibly a Toyota Sequoia (and they plan on renting a JKU for a couple of the days to keep up). As the time gets closer if any of you are around we might be able to join up for a trail or two. We are taking an easy trail to start off (Top of the World)... and we hope to do Metal Masher, Kane Creek, Steel Bender, Poison Spider, and we have a couple scenic days in there too. I'll post what our plan is, and if it works out we might be able to meet up!

Quick Reply: Family trip to moab