Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Moab with a two year old baby?

Old 01-24-2016, 11:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moab with a two year old baby?

Hi guys

I would appreciate some advice from those of you with families, we are planning a family trip to Moab sometime this spring, my cousin and his family along with my wife my 2 year old daughter and mysef in 2 Jeep Wrangler unlimited both with 35 inch tires.

My question is would you feel comfortable with a toddler on any of the famous Moab trails, or any of the scenic trails for that matter, to feel a little more comfortable I'm going to look into possibly hiring a guide that we could follow.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Pats fan
Hi guys

I would appreciate some advice from those of you with families, we are planning a family trip to Moab sometime this spring, my cousin and his family along with my wife my 2 year old daughter and mysef in 2 Jeep Wrangler unlimited both with 35 inch tires.

My question is would you feel comfortable with a toddler on any of the famous Moab trails, or any of the scenic trails for that matter, to feel a little more comfortable I'm going to look into possibly hiring a guide that we could follow.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
I'd do it. Mine always loved Jeep rides. I'd have a stash of toys and a tablet, though, in case of periods of boredom.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

The only thing I'd be concerned with is not letting her run around when you stop at a viewpoint.
Also, not wheel if trails are wet as that seems to be about the only warning when reading about trails. Drive wisely and you should have no dangers.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies.
What trails would anyone recommend? I hear a lot of great things about hells revenge but I'm not sure if that would be appropriate with the baby
Old 01-26-2016, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Fins and things is a great mild trail. Just had my two and four year olds their over thanksgiving. They loved it both of them laughing. I remember my first born laughing when jeeping she was only 5 months old and loving the rocking of the jeep. It comes down to what your comfortable with. We also did cliffhanger one of the tougher trails.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Pats fan
Thanks for the replies.
What trails would anyone recommend? I hear a lot of great things about hells revenge but I'm not sure if that would be appropriate with the baby
The best thing to do is check out Red Rock 4x4 and their trail listing and ratings Red Rock 4-Wheelers, Inc. -. Then go to you tube and check out those trails to see what has been posted up.

As for taking a toddler out I would because the more you get them out on the trail the more fun they will have later in life. My 6 yo loves going in the Jeep and wheeling. Last bit of advice is keep the snacks and drinks handy because they will want something at the most in opportune time like climbing a ledge or going down a hill.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As has been said just keep a close eye on the kid when your stopped as some of the scenery comes with the potential for huge falls. There are a lot of places I wouldnt let my dogs out on the trails as I was worried about them falling off a cliff.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

We had a great time. My kids are a bit older.

http://youtu.be/iVoUVvWM79M

Quick Reply: Moab with a two year old baby?