Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Snowed-out Moab?

Old 09-04-2011, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snowed-out Moab?

We are heading to Moab at Thanksgiving. Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether it gets snowed-out that time of year?
We would hate to have the trails snowed over where we couldn't find and stay on them.
Would this be rare?
Thanks for the input.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Surfdogdude
We are heading to Moab at Thanksgiving. Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether it gets snowed-out that time of year?
We would hate to have the trails snowed over where we couldn't find and stay on them.
Would this be rare?
Thanks for the input.
I grew up in Moab, and it rarely ever snows there that time of year. If it does snow, it usually melts off by mid-morning. I can't predict the weather in November, but I personally wouldn't be concerned about it!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

We made a trip down there a year or two ago for the thanksgiving weekend and there was no snow. It can be a little chilly in the morning (there was frost on the Jeep) but you should be fine.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Last Thanksgiving we did Top of the world & Seven Mile with some people from this forum, it was fine a little snow but not enough to worry us

Quick Reply: Snowed-out Moab?