Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Where to stay for EJS 2013

Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to stay for EJS 2013

My wife and I have decided that we're going this year, and are wondering where to stay, hotels seem way too pricey so we were thinking about tent camping, is there anywhere near moab to pitch a tent? IE Natl forest, private campgrounds etc.?
Old 02-07-2013, 05:47 PM
JK Super Freak

There are a lot of organized campgrounds in and around town. Last year I booked the super8 for $100 a night, it was the least expensive place to stay indoors.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm staying out of town in Green River. It's a little inconvenient, but Super 8 was $59 a night based on at least a 3 night stay. If I remember right it's a 40 mile drive from Moab. But finding a hotel in town that isn't going to rape you is tough for EJS week.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Most of the hotels and condos are probably rented out. I know the KOA has little cabins they rent out. Also if you head south out of town across the highway from the area bfe road i have seen campers out there near the little dunes.

Sorry for the not so good directions to the camping area.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh, you can camp at area bfe too!

Not sure what it costs, if anything and there are plenty of cool people there. It is free to wheel there but they accept donations.

Check out areabfe.com, they may have info on their website.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife and I stayed at the Inca Inn several times in the past, very reasonable prices and a very simple, clean place. Never had any problems. However I just checked the dates and they are all sold out. You're going to need to hurry if you want a room anywhere near Moab, they go quick in the last month.

We also stayed at Area BFE on BLM land, when they aren't doing night runs, it gets super quiet out there.

Last year I camped in my army trailer at a relatively new campground called Horsethief just outside the entrance to Canyonlands. Not bad at all. Stayed for like 4 days and it was under $60 bucks.

This year I'm going on the opposite side of Canyonlands near Hans Flat overlooking the Maze.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am camping at Canyonlands because its close to town where the other members of my group are staying in hotels. its around $30 a night which is around average.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the responses, I think we're gonna drag the 5th wheel out there
Old 02-12-2013, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default moab camp

you should try to reserve a camp space before you go, the place I camp in has a waiting list now, go on line for moab, should help, luck.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by finfreeze
Oh, you can camp at area bfe too!

Not sure what it costs, if anything and there are plenty of cool people there. It is free to wheel there but they accept donations.

Check out areabfe.com, they may have info on their website.

Olaf and the boys are very generous. Please leave them a donation. It is primitive camping out there. I'd imagine they have port-a-potties but other than that, I think you're on you're own.

Some of the campgrounds fill up and some don't. I'm staying at Pack Creek which is kind of on the "Motel 6" version of a campground, but the guy that owns it is way cool and there's excellent company in camp.

(I'll quit posting in Moab threads now---sorry from the newb)

Quick Reply: Where to stay for EJS 2013