Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Video] Turbo Jeep on Sand Dunes

Old 09-28-2017, 06:24 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default [Video] Turbo Jeep on Sand Dunes

I recorded some video at Silver Lake State Park, Michigan last weekend. This was a weekend family camping trip in my personal daily driver Turbo Jeep that has been turbocharged for over 3 years and 47k miles now. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOccYUipXxY ~Jeff
Old 09-28-2017, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some interesting stats from this trip:

On the 210 mile trip there, loaded up with a family of four, packed for a weekend camping trip, towing a small trailer loaded with camping gear (about 800+ lbs combined weight of trailer + gear), A/C blasting the whole way because it was 90-95*F the whole trip...

* I was able to set cruise control to 65 mph in 6th gear, 2400 rpm, and never lost speed or had to downshift for any hills (anyone that has driven on US31 between I96 and Silver Lake will understand).
* When forced to slow down due to traffic or a slow car, I was able to get back up to speed as traffic picked back up without downshifting out of 6th.
* I averaged 19.6 MPG (hand calculated; not from inaccurate dashboard display)

Out on the dunes...

* I generally only used up to 50% throttle and 4 psi boost while climbing the dunes.
* Max boost I used out there was 5.5 psi (compared to max of about 9.5 I see at high load, WOT).
* Outside temperature was in the 85-88*F range.
* Intake air temperature averaged 112*F and maxed out at 131*F.
* Coolant temperature averaged 211*F and maxed out at 226*F.
* Oil temperature averaged 214*F and maxed out at 222*F.
* Max acceleration I experienced was 0.64 G.

~Jeff

Quick Reply: [Video] Turbo Jeep on Sand Dunes