Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

37x13.5r18 tire falure! Help

Old 04-29-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 37x13.5r18 tire falure! Help

So I was driving to work like a normal day...... To find my self starting to counter steer..... I knew after I really started pulling to the passenger side I should pull over. I instantly got out and checked my front end and things... to notice my 37" Mickey Thomson atz was flat. There are 4 holes I can put my fingers in and huge cracks all the way around right in the thick sidewall tread. Everyone that has saw it says malfunction. How can I Handel this???? Mabey get a discount on a new tire form Mickey? Help
Old 04-29-2011, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

I would love to see pictures of that! I would go to where you bought them first and see what they say first.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ha I bought my jeep used with these tires on it already. The tires were brand spanking new when I bought my jeep. Luckly I haven't had time or any places to take them crawling and is purely tire falt. I'll get some pics on here later
Old 04-30-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07 JK "bullfrog"
Ha I bought my jeep used with these tires on it already. The tires were brand spanking new when I bought my jeep. Luckly I haven't had time or any places to take them crawling and is purely tire falt. I'll get some pics on here later
Do you have the person's phone # who bought the tires? Some places have tire warranties and will replace the tires.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TxCop07
Do you have the person's phone # who bought the tires? Some places have tire warranties and will replace the tires.
No..... I the guy sold it to a jeep dealer and they can't hand out his number:(
Old 04-30-2011, 11:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I was driving to work like a normal day...... To find my self starting to counter steer..... I knew after I really started pulling to the passenger side I should pull over. I instantly got out and checked my front end and things... to notice my 37" Mickey Thomson atz was flat. There are 4 holes I can put my fingers in and huge cracks all the way around right in the thick sidewall tread. Everyone that has saw it says malfunction. How can I Handel this???? Mabey get a discount on a new tire form Mickey? Help
This exact thing happened to me but with BFG's. I went to my local tire shop and purchased the same tires. The tire guy said he would fill out a claims form to send off to BFG before I left the shop. I reviewed the form and let him know all the info was correct. One and a half month later, I recieved a call from the tire guy asking me to come by his shop. When I got there, he handed me a check for half of what I spent on the new set. The check was for almost $600.00

This is the reason I continue to buy BFG tires. They handled it very well.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

Wow that was nice of BFG.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Serg5000
This exact thing happened to me but with BFG's. I went to my local tire shop and purchased the same tires. The tire guy said he would fill out a claims form to send off to BFG before I left the shop. I reviewed the form and let him know all the info was correct. One and a half month later, I recieved a call from the tire guy asking me to come by his shop. When I got there, he handed me a check for half of what I spent on the new set. The check was for almost $600.00

This is the reason I continue to buy BFG tires. They handled it very well.
That's good to know because I love my bfgs and so I'll continue to use em
Old 05-01-2011, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

No..... I the guy sold it to a jeep dealer and they can't hand out his number:(
The dealer can call him and get permission to give you his number. or give him your number. A few vehicles ago I had traded in a Grand Cherokee and the person buying it wanted to ask me some question. The dealer called me to get my permission and the buyer called later on that day. I don't know if that's common practice for a dealership, but they did it here.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

What ever happened with the tires?

Quick Reply: 37x13.5r18 tire falure! Help