Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.5" Lift or 1.5" Lift w/ Flat Fenders

Old 03-27-2017, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skippman
Help me erase some personal ignorance here. What specifically do you not like about the geometry brackets? I'm assuming it's they're not adjustable or as robust as new control arms?

For a daily driver that's infrequently wheeled I'm hoping they'll be fine for restoring and maintaining alignment.
Yeah, nothing wrong with geo brackets. I recommend them to people not wanting to spend the money on control arms. I prefer the rancho brackets as they are fully welded. Everyone I have talked to that runs a geo bracket is very happy with their performance. Too many people dog them. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RnR
You don't need a lift if you just add the flats. I didn't need a lift for 33s. I put them on with a 2.5 inch coil lift. It looks a little odd in height but I don't care. It's a DD, when the treads wear out on these 33s I am going up to either 35s or possibly 37s with regearing.
I don't really think it looks odd as what I was going to go with but did a 1.5" spring level and going to go with 33's and flats since I don't need the height and is my DD as well.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with a rubicon express 2.5, castor relocation brackets, front and rear adjustable track bars and bilisteen shocks. About 1100 bucks for all of it. I don't know if the castor brackets are necessary but I did them because I couldn't afford upper and lower arms right now and most of the people I talked to said they did help. I know that after the lift both of my axles were kicked to one side. I had already bought the front track bar and thought the relocation bracket would take care of the back but it was still about 3/4s of an inch ****ed to one side. So I took it off and bought a rear adjustable track bar. If you go with a budget boost and want that rear bracket send me a pm and its yours. If you want a budget way to lift. Rubicon express and terreflex both sell there 2.5 lift with shock extensions to reuse your factory shocks for around 400 bucks. You could add other parts as you get the money.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So I've made my decision. I'm going with Dirtmans plan for the flat fenders, regear, and 35" tires. I'm currently also debating a Teraflex leveling kit to add JUST a touch more fender clearance. Do you guys recommend anything as far as the bump stops to prevent fender rub at full articulation?
Old 04-10-2017, 05:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Skippman
So I've made my decision. I'm going with Dirtmans plan for the flat fenders, regear, and 35" tires. I'm currently also debating a Teraflex leveling kit to add JUST a touch more fender clearance. Do you guys recommend anything as far as the bump stops to prevent fender rub at full articulation?
You could always flex it out and decide then. Keeping stock shocks or upgrading?
Old 04-11-2017, 04:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by catahoula
You could always flex it out and decide then. Keeping stock shocks or upgrading?
For now keeping the factory Rubi's. My thought being drive it like that for a few months. I'd hate to buy shocks now, drive it for a bit, decide I want that AEV lift after all, and then have to use extenders rather than just getting the right sized shocks for the lift in the first place.

Quick Reply: 2.5" Lift or 1.5" Lift w/ Flat Fenders