Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.5" Lift and What Size Tires?

Old 01-26-2007, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the deal with the Old Man Emu? Is it comming? Not that I'm impatient, but yeah I'm impatient and will probally have to bit the bullet and go with the Tereflex 3" or the FT 3". Back on subject now... I wouldn't try to jam the 35's with a 2.5 unless you are prepared to install a 1" bodylift. And like you said, you can always go bigger later.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

The lift is on and I would have the same pointers as others have already pointed out:
- front bump stop extensions are a b@#*h! Grease em good, put them inside the springs and use a crow bar under them to get them to pop into place.
- new rear spacers are pretty difficult to get in. Get directly under them, grease em good and apply pressure straight up and they will pop in.

Other than that, the lift was on in about 3 hours and rides great. Center stear is off a little, just barely and I will be getting it aligned as soon as I can get down to the shop. Looks to me like there is plenty of room for the 305/70/17's I'll be running. Once the tires are on, I'll try to post some pics. Weather has been really bad and the Jeep is covered with road Salt, so I hate to even snap a pic of it in it's current condition!
Nice lift for the money, you wont be disappointed, and I guarantee you the most it will take to get 35's is this lift and 1 inch body lift.

Take Care,
Chuck
Old 01-30-2007, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

i just put the tera bb lift on my Rubi this past weekend, and it looks good with the stock 32's but there is plenty of room for 35's..thats what i am going to go with
Old 01-30-2007, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default tires on!

I got the tires on tonight and got it lined up. The alignment was actually right on, only thing I had to change was the center steer. The MTR's look great and I am very happy overall. My guess is that you'd have trouble with 35's. The 305 70 17's rub the air dam at full turn when backing up. Nothing some minor trimming wont fix though. I am pumped about the overall look and ride and would highly recommend this set up.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 2.5" lift w/ 33"s at full flex ( as far as I could get it)

Check this out:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/finally-some-articulation-new-lft-2687/
There is still a little space left, the left rear wheel is in the air, and the left front bump stops are about an inch-and-a-half from touching.

It would be very close, if not rubbing with any bigger tire.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default we'll see

I am getting a 2 inch with 315's in the morning, will post pics asap

Quick Reply: 2.5" Lift and What Size Tires?