Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.5" spacers to 3" coils

Old 02-16-2018, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" spacers to 3" coils

Hello all,
I have used the advice on this forum for years now, so I figured it was time to make an account to gain some valuable help.

I currently have a 2.5" rough country spacer lift on 35's. I am tired of the clinking associated with the spacers, and the pretty garbage overall quality. I have upgraded several components since, so I do not want to dive into a full replacement lift, but I am looking to improve my coils. I have heard good things about the synergy 3" coils, but am open to considerations on what to upgrade to. I am also not overly mechanically inclined, so I am not sure what throwing another half inch of lift onto my rig will do in regards to all the components of my 2.5" lift. I am planning on purchasing bump stop extensions to go with the coils, but am not too sure what else will need to be replaced. I don't see many rocks here in Florida but hit the mud a decent amount.

Any and all suggestions and help are welcome, thanks in advance.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:18 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You mentioned that you upgraded several components after the spacer lift went on, failed to say what they are, then asked what other components you might want to upgrade when the new coils go on...

I am not familiar with Synergy coils, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to do a few searches and see if you can find out the actual measured lift heights people are reporting with them. It is not unusual to sit an inch or more higher than the coils listed height, depending on the mfg and how much weight has been added to the vehicle. (I got over 4.5" from my 3.5" coils...)

Anyway, you will want to research the various forms of caster correction. Both axles will be further offset to one side, so decide if you want to correct either. Get a handle on draglink flips so you know what they do. Look into longer brakelines or brackets, just in case. Make a habit of checking that front driveshaft, and have an idea of what you want to do if/when you see grease slinging out.

Last edited by nthinuf; 02-16-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New shocks, sway bar links front and rear, adjustable track bars front and rear, and extended brake lines. Don't want to waste money on unnecessary stuff if I don't have to. My main concern is if I get the new coils and it gives me more lift than anticipated that ill have to throw on more new components. With what I have so far I am not sure if ill have to invest in any extras
Old 02-16-2018, 09:52 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

In that case...

Originally Posted by nthinuf
-do a few searches and see if you can find out the actual measured lift heights people are reporting with them.
-Research the various forms of caster correction.
-Get a handle on draglink flips so you know what they do.
-Look into longer brakelines or brackets.
-Make a habit of checking that front driveshaft, and have an idea of what you want to do if/when you see grease slinging out.
Are the links adjustable? You will likely need to lengthen them to keep the swaybars level.
And consider a raised rear trackbar bracket.

Last edited by nthinuf; 02-16-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Quick Reply: 2.5" spacers to 3" coils